Assistant Pattern Maker
Reformation is a fast-growing company that is redefining fashion. We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment and want our garments’ impact on the planet to be as low as possible. After all, there’s nothing less sexy than leaving a big nasty mess.
Reformation is looking for an all-star Assistant Patter Maker to support our pre-production team and Pattern makers. We design and manufacture our collections in downtown Los Angeles, and sample all of our styles in-house. We are looking for a full-time, super-efficient, hard-working team member who will make sure our clothes look great with a perfect fit. The role will help make quality patterns through the guidance and training of a Pattern making Mentor.
- Participates in product review meetings and other presentations as necessary. Works directly with the Pattern makers and sample room team.
- Prepare garments for fittings
- Attend fittings for both sample and production garments and perform necessary corrections as a result of fitting notes/revisions
- Organize and file patterns
- Maintain all standards in regard to grading, construction, how-to-measure, and other procedures
- Assist in preparing development & production patterns
- Assist Pattern maker in all areas of the Sample Room
Experience and Skills:
- Degree or Certificate in Fashion Design, Technical Design or Pattern making
- No professional experience required, but strong understanding of garment construction and pattern making
- Knowledge of flat patterns & draping preferred
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy, as well as ability to prioritize and make quick decisions
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented
- Extremely honest and trustworthy with highest integrity
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe products, CAD
- Experience with Optitex (or similar software) and Manual Patterns
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Spanish a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Clothing discount
- Paid volunteer time-off
- Bi-Monthly “Ref Talks” to learn about other aspects of our business
- Regular company events and parties (Yoga! Tie-Dye! Documentaries!)
- Pet-friendly office
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
If you are also a creative candidate, please also submit a link to your portfolio.
Back to top