Training Apparel Designer
The Designer II for Training Apparel is responsible for researching trends, ideation of new concepts and creating compelling garments to meet the brand aesthetic. The Apparel Designer II works with the apparel team to ensure that each garment meets the categories product brief and the seasonal design direction set by the Creative Director and Senior Management team.
- Sketch product designs and produce line art to communicate design concepts, including multiple views and detail sketches as necessary.
- Design collections the parameters provided by design management that take into account cost, style, fit, fabric, trims, construction and technology
- Identify problems and develop solutions or innovative approaches to the design and development of sport and/or sport-inspired apparel
- Provide design/concept boards to communicate design and seasonal direction.
- Create supporting artwork that illustrate design concepts and tell stories to the Marketing, Merchandising and Sales teams.
- Work with the category to understand market needs and design to product briefs for both brand driving and commercial product
- Keep abreast of market trends and consumer needs and how they relate to the Reebok brand
- Identify new or innovative concepts, materials, manufacturing process, etc. and suggest ways in which they could improve the overall process and positively impact the team
- Select materials and trims used in product designs and assist Director in creating material and trim “toolbox boards” to consolidate selections each season
- Design function and technology into product while still designing to cost
- Create tech packs and other materials to hand off to development for sample manufacturing
- Create and maintain all art files and transfer correct information to cross functional teams and other international design centers
- Attend and contribute in fit and prototype review sessions
- Meet calendar deadlines and deliverables
- Mentor more junior designers
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication, organizational and presentation skills; ability to receive design critique and respond with multiple solutions
- Ability to illustrate designs & concepts as hand sketches and line art. Fashion illustration a plus
- Knowledge of garment construction, draping and fitting techniques preferable
- Strong team player as well as the ability to work independently
- Ability to respond quickly to multiple projects with strong time management skills
- Ability to work within a cross functional team of Marketing, Engineering, Production and other Design teams for maximum productivity
- 5+ years of apparel design experience
- Advanced level in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop a plus
- Knowledge of garment construction, garment fit and costing
- Bachelors degree in fashion or apparel design
At the Reebok Global Headquarters in Massachusetts, we’re not defined by a sport or a season, but by a way of life. From early morning runs to lunchtime workouts to biking and hiking through the local Blue Hills Reservation, fitness is what wakes us up in the morning, what we think about all day and what drives us toward tomorrow. Our state-of-the-art headquarters is equipped with a three-story Fitness & Wellness Center, outdoor sports fields, CrossFit box, a gourmet cafeteria, on-site child care facility and discounted employee store. Located right outside of Boston, we are a short drive to New England’s beaches and mountains, making it a premier place to work and play.
So is Reebok a fit for you? Apply for this role to find out.
Back to top