Technician Footwear Trainee
Creates 2D patterns, 3D digital and physical prototypes to support Design, Development and Marketing in the footwear product creation process. Act as an additional source to assist and support all processes within the sample room/model shop.
- Supports the product creation process by creating 2D patterns from 2D sketches or illustrator files; creates patterns by using 3D digital software programs
- Support the product team by analysing designs for manufacturability, production and material properties, offering economic and efficient solutions to achieve cost targets
- Continuously increases knowledge regarding latest technological trends in CAD systems, innovation and processes for footwear development and manufacturing
- Help to create scanned images of lasts to build a 3D last library
- Learn the fitting requirements of the foot and how this relates to last making principles with regard to performance and aesthetic features
- Identifies methods, technologies and materials to find ways to improve the sample making process/quality
- Operate sample room equipment for cutting, printing, sublimation, lasting and assembly operations
- Perform basic model shop requests such as painting and vacuum forming
- Pattern Engineers
- CAD modelers/VR
- Sample Room
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- 2D/3D CAD experience – AutoCAD, Rhino, Crispin etc.
- Advanced computer literacy
- Good knowledge of graphics applications or desktop publishing (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator etc.)
- Knowledge of fabrication/modeling techniques an advantage, hot press, laser, painting thermoforming etc.
- Motivation to learn about new CAD innovations and prototyping processes within an industrial product creation process.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and ability to work independently
- 2 years associates degree with emphasis in CAD design.
- Technical education or industrial design related education (industrial designer, model maker) or education in media informatics with computer graphics background.
Back to top