Store Manager - Reebok Retail Outlet Store, Ottawa (#1834)
Provide sales, operations and personnel leadership for the store and ensure all business and personnel targets are met or exceeded. Responsible for operational and fiscal accountability for the store.
- Manages and allocates resources effectively and efficiently to ensure store meets key performance indicators and profit and loss expectations.
- Positively communicates and demonstrates the Brand values, attitude and culture.
- Ensures consistent implementation of all corporate programs, initiatives and strategies.
- Provides constructive feedback to District Manager on success and feasibility of current and new programs, other initiatives, and specific store needs.
- Creates effective succession, recruiting, hiring and training plans, resulting in lower store turnover.
- Develops staff by evaluating and providing performance feedback (performance and potential), seizing all coaching and training opportunities and fostering a team environment to meet store and company objectives.
- Promotes a high performance culture by setting clear expectations, holding employees accountable, creating an effective and efficient work environment, and setting goals that focus the team on key drivers that impact success.
- Cooperates with District Manager to develop clear action plans for store and thrives to achieve objectives, deliverables and timelines of plan.
- Takes clear accountability for training and execution in-store in all areas, including business, operations, sales/customer service, and visual merchandising to ensure all employees are trained in Retail Standards.
- Perform timely completion of all recordkeeping associated with applicants, new hires, payroll, performance appraisals, salary reviews, counselling, disciplinary actions and employee separations.
- Produces results under a variety of situations/market conditions and overcomes barriers to the company's success in compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Shop competition on a regular basis to insure competitiveness in the marketplace.
- Develop and maintain wage costs and overall expense control within assigned guidelines and communicate these goals and review results with retail management team.
- Assume responsibility for accuracy of all cash management and ensure that shrink control within store is minimized.
- Assume responsibility for store and product security using systems provided, and monitoring the effectiveness of these in preventing theft.
- Assure adherence to company policies and procedures relating to NSB (POS system) integrity.
- Maintain confidentiality of retail operating information.
- Assure compliance with legal and safety guidelines in overall management of store and associates.
- Maintain building and premises in a safe, organized and clean manner in accordance with adidas standards.
- Develop seamless communication with other retail store managers.
- Adhere to any and all visual merchandising guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by District Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess and consistently exhibit the competencies relative to the position.
- Proficient retail knowledge – operational and selling skills.
- Retail business management skills (fiscal and operational).
- Proficient skills in coaching and talent management.
- Ability to prioritize and allocate resources effectively.
- Well developed ability to read, write, comprehend, and speak (conversational) English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through multiple lines of communication.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to quickly learn new systems (e.g. POS systems, web-portals, etc.).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 12 kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 34 kg.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including weekends, evenings and statutory holidays. Also able to work extra hours during peak sales periods which include, but are not limited to, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and Back-to-School.
- The understanding of in-store retail operations and all cash procedures.
- Understanding of all pertinent government legislation applicable to retail establishments.
- Excellent command of the English language and French languages.
Qualifications (Minimum required education and experience):
- College or University or 2 or more years of Retail management experience, preferably in the Sporting Apparel & Footwear industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Meet Some of Reebok's Employees
From materials to use to how to cut and sew them, Andi creates the fitness clothing worn by elite athletes and Reebok's consumers—on the court, in the gym, and on the go.
Back to top