Senior Footwear Designer, Training
We are seeking a Senior Footwear Designer for our Training team who has the ability to create compelling designs that sit at the intersection of sport and fashion. This designer will work on the most visible product in the Reebok brand portfolio to help definine how our CrossFit, UFC and Functional Training footwear shows up. You will work as part of a small team including footwear and graphic designers within seasonal design themes to create statement, brand-driving products as well as to challenge and create volume product that keeps the lights burning. We will also look for you to help identify opportunities to connect apparel and footwear collections through common elements and stories. You will travel regularly with the design, development and marketing teams for market/consumer/trend research, as well as seasonally for factory visits and product design follow-up.
You will have experience working successfully on multi-disciplinary design teams. An understanding of performance footwear needs, materials, and be up to speed on new production processes is key to the succss of this individual. We’re seeking a person with a positive and professional attitude, a strong sense of team spirit, a history of taking initiative, and who shows strong technical capabilities with an understanding of manufacturing – as well as a desire to challenge convention. We are also looking for someone willing to take on the role of leader and mentor to junior designers. A passion for sport and fashion as well as a hyper-awareness of the competitive landscape are all essential. A strong feel for trends, both product and style is also key.
- 8+ years of footwear design experience
- Advanced level Adobe Illustrator; Photoshop and 3D software a plus
- Understanding of materials and their application to footwear designs; understanding of material development processes and footwear construction
- Well established knowledge of the footwear manufacturing process
- Strong team player as well as the ability to work independently
- Ability to manage more junior members’ workload and timelines as needed and escalate deadline issues to the Design Manager and Director
- Prior management or mentoring of more junior designers a plus
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Presentation and storytelling skills
- Bachelors degree in product, industrial, automotive or interior design
At the Reebok Global Headquarters in Massachusetts, we’re not defined by a sport or a season, but by a way of life. From early morning runs to lunchtime workouts to biking and hiking through the local Blue Hills Reservation, fitness is what wakes us up in the morning, what we think about all day and what drives us toward tomorrow. Our state-of-the-art headquarters is equipped with a three-story Fitness & Wellness Center, outdoor sports fields, CrossFit box, a gourmet cafeteria, on-site child care facility and discounted employee store. Located right outside of Boston, we are a short drive to New England’s beaches and mountains, making it a premier place to work and play.
Back to top