Senior Employee Relations Specialist
The Sr. Employee Relations Specialist will act as the central point of contact and subject matter expert for employee relation issues and concerns.
They will coach and advise retail people managers on progressive discipline, performance management, conflict resolution, and employment risk matters ensuring a consistent and aligned approach when managing employee relations across the business.
- Gather detailed, pertinent information by conducting fact-finding interviews and investigations, interpret the findings, review documentation associated with employment claims, and document & track disciplinary actions taken for corrective action, grievances, absence and performance management and organizational changes.
- Maintain a positive employee relations environment including enabling management capability, oversight of manager's employee relations activities, maintaining the pulse of employee's ER experience and providing care and professional handling of issues/cases.
- Identify employee relations trends and share findings with both the HRBP's and senior management so that proper diagnosis of issues can be determined.
- At least 2 years in Human Resources with a preferred background in retail setting and/or in employee or labor relations
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree, JD, or other specialized training in labor/employee relations a significant plus
- Solid understanding of federal and state employment & labor laws
- Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint
- Able to pass a comprehensive background and reference check
- Team player with strong written and oral communication skills; excellent public speaker
- Strong interpersonal and persuasion skills, enabling individual to establish partnerships working with senior leaders and across organizational lines
- Able to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner
- Highly analytical thinker and problem solver
- Proven attention to detail; extremely organized
- Acts with sense of urgency, bias for action, fast pace, and desire to thrive in a dynamically growing environment
- High-quality judgment and sound decision-making
In the fall of 2017, the Reebok brand is moving its headquarters to a 220,000 square-foot section of the Innovation and Design Building in Boston's Seaport District. The move will bring community fitness to a next generation design and innovation space; the all new workplace will foster a vibrant collaborative culture and will allow the brand to be closely connected to the community in Boston. Alongside state-of-the-art office spaces, the headquarters will be equipped with an extensive employee fitness center and a public retail store.
Meet Some of Reebok's Employees
From materials to use to how to cut and sew them, Andi creates the fitness clothing worn by elite athletes and Reebok's consumers—on the court, in the gym, and on the go.
Back to top