Senior Director Brand Communications & Asset Marketing - Classics
An American-inspired global brand, Reebok is a pioneer in the sporting goods industry with a rich and storied fitness heritage. Reebok Classics leverages the brand's fitness heritage and represents the roots of the brand in the sports lifestyle market. The Senior Director, Brand and Asset Marketing is responsible for developing the Classics brand marketing strategy and vision. This individual will drive a creative communication, content and asset marketing strategy for business unit which includes the Classics influencer network. The Senior Director will lead a team of brand marketers and oversee the team responsible for partnerships and collaborations with artists and brands such as Kendrick Lamar and Future.
- Develop and lead the seasonal and long term Classics Brand and Asset Marketing Strategy
- Assess strategic priority areas for the business including: trends, needs, capabilities, assets, and competitive realities to identify unique market opportunities and threats, and incorporate these into relevant and compelling actionable business cases and communication plans.
- Obsessively track key trends in the market and look for opportunities where Reebok and Classics can capture the market and new audiences.
- Partner with product marketing & regional leadership globally to identify key product concepts for communication plans.
- Develop and maintain scoreboards for business and marketing results and translate key conclusions into clear action points.
- Lead the preparation and execution of asset marketing and brand communication presentations at key events and meetings.
- Lead and collect best practice sharing process across markets and functions.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with the Training and Running Business Units, Media, Retail, PR and Events counterparts.
Manage assigned budget
- Create and execute globally relevant marketing communication programs for the Classics BU that are relevant to the consumer in each local market
- Develop the category’s marketing and communication strategy based on key business goals and priorities as well as develop category positioning
- Lead and support development of the global tool kit / content for category communication executions, that enables markets to effectively adapt and execute locally on global direction
- Drive post-campaign evaluation of marketing tools and communicate concept performance internally and externally. Implement learnings to ensure optimization of communications.
- Track and evaluate competitive and trend environment and transfer it into relevant marketing concepts.
Asset Strategy and Partnerships:
- Drive the overall strategy and management of designated partners and assets. Ensure product, contractual obligations, relationship management and adhoc requirements are managed in a manner that best represent the Brand and the Classics BU.
- Develop key relationships with influencers and brand ambassadors through seeding programs and collaborations
- Drive business goals and revenue through the identification of future talent and partnerships in fitness, fashion and music
- Develop and lead the Classics asset marketing and influencer network strategy; manage existing agency partner
- Lead asset acquisition, activation, seeding, events and collaborations across the Classics BU
- Oversee and manage individual celebrity contracts and partnerships
- Create relevant global events that drive brand heat in key product franchises
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytic and strategic abilities
- Leader and team player
- Idea and solution driven orientation
- Strong communication and presentation skills with keen business acumen
- Ability to enroll key stakeholders and gain support for initiatives
- Ability to lead, motivate, and direct a cross-functional team.
- Ability to manage and prioritize across multiple functions in a global organization.
- Creative and ideation skills
- Balance of strategic and executional skills
- Strong understanding of global pop culture
- Strong external agency and vendor relationships
- Brand experience in the entertainment space
- Partnership Management and Activation
- 15+ years in a brand marketing leadership role or equivalent agency experience
- 5+ years working for a brand with a similar target consumer and/or a strong cultural connection to fitness, fashion, entertainment, sports and media categories
- Experience working for a global brand supporting regional/local market stakeholders and/or having lived and worked internationally for a global organization
- Experience leading a team of 5+ and managing external agency teams
- Examples of building creative solutions for emerging media channels; experience delivering creative solutions across digital media, mobile, ecommerce, gaming and viral channels
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
Back to top