Manager of Employee Benefits and Mobility
The Rockport Company, a brand you know and love, has entered a new venture with the Drydock Group. While we will have a new name, The Rockport Group, we are still committed to our long tradition of comfort and fashion. We still maintain and value our American heritage as well as our innovative approach to comfort in all our shoes. We are an entrepreneurial company where your expertise is valued, your voice is heard and you can get things done.
- Manage the implementation, and administration of the company’s benefit programs.
- Responsible for ensuring the benefits are in compliance at federal, state and local levels.
- Partner with the Director of Compensation and Benefits to evaluate, measures and benchmark plans using key benefit metrics to ensure competitive, cost effective programs.
- Assist with the development of benefit communication material, including open enrolment and new hire guides, and Summary Plan Descriptions
- Responsible for Leave Management ensuring all leaves is compliant and employees are provided all leave requirements and responsibilities.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the workers’ compensation acting as the liaison between the employee, WC provider and the business.
- Responsible for Benefits HR IS to ensure eligibility files are sent timely and accurately.
- Work with brokers and third party solution providers, providing reports, analysis, etc., as requested
- Responsible for managing the ancillary benefit programs.
- Manage the Defined Contribution Program. This includes: eligibility, participant education, employee and employer contributions, employee loans and required government filing.
- Partner in the development and implementation of new health and wellness initiatives in partnership with the business to build a culture of wellness, enforcing healthy behaviours and optimize healthcare costs.
- Manage and implement the employee on-boarding. This includes all communication and education.
- Manage the mobility programs for employees relocating, global and domestic.
- Partner with US and Canadian HR business partners to advise and provide direction on employee benefits and mobility.
Required, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelors or Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent
- 5 to 7+ year related experience or training
- Demonstrates sound working knowledge of applicable benefit regulations and human resource practices
- Able to communicate effectively both in written and verbal formats in one-on-one, small, and large group situations, at all levels of the organization
- Has a proven track record of working independently and using sound judgement on HR and business issues, especially those involving complexity and ambiguity. Ability to facilitate team meetings
- Uses personal computer and software skills (including email, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software programs) combined with business acumen to conduct in-depth research, analyze data, and prepare recommendations based on the results
- Ability to differentiate the symptom from the cause – helps others do the same; recognizes and confronts issues early on
- Ability to work in a matrixed organizational structure, with strong relationships among all levels of management & staff
- Ability to effectively establish priorities and act with minimal supervision
Back to top