Footwear Costing Manager
The Costing Manager for Reebok Footwear will optimize Reebok brand margin through the relentless pursuit of the lowest sustainable cost of goods. Manage reporting, analysis and routine transactions, in collaboration with upstream (Sourcing, Planning) and downstream (senior management, finance, accounting, product controlling) functions.
- Provide support and Information to production creation teams so they have the information they need to manage against margin goals. Foster better decision making within the product teams based on financial information.
- Identify opportunities to streamline operations, reduce/eliminate rework and error in management of information, and improve systems to drive end-to-end costing function productivity from FE through Reebok HQ. Key deliverables include method for systematic identification of cost improvement opportunities at the model level, including communication to HQ product teams/ mgt and metrics to track timing, location and amount of savings realized.
- Manage production prices, tooling budget/amortization tracking and other routine financial transactions monitored or executed by the - Reebok HQ costing function. Identify areas for cost or operational improvement and implement solutions to enable them.
- Provide ongoing seasonal support to assigned development categories, ensuring an understanding of cost drivers at model and category level, serving as cost training resource and identifying and eliminating any cost information gaps. Provide visibility into FOB stability/variance over the course of the development cycle.
- Coordinate with FE costing to ensure data completeness by key download milestones and for price list publication. Support audit process for FOB accuracy.Review patterns for optimization opportunities.
- Deepen understanding of fundamental shoe costing process and key cost drivers (design, construction, materials), at the model level, and develop understanding of how model mix, sourcing, pricing and other decisions affect overall category/SBU/Brand profitability.
- Partner closely with Canton-based development, planning, marketing, design and product controlling teams.
- Partner closely with FE based Costing in each LO, other Global Operations functions and as needed with Tier 1 & Tier 2 vendors.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Deep subject area knowledge of product costing via contract manufacturers. Footwear and/or product creation process strong plus.
- Thorough understanding of end to end product creation process from design through manufacture
- Systems mind-set, with demonstrable experience in the management and analysis of large quantities of financial data
- Strong project management & follow-through with results orientation
- Strong business / commercial acumen with bottom line focus
- Some international travel expected
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance/Accounting/Business/Engineering; MBA or CPA strong advantage
- Minimum 5 years in consumer product/sporting good/apparel/ftwr industry
At the Reebok Global Headquarters in Massachusetts, we’re not defined by a sport or a season, but by a way of life. From early morning runs to lunchtime workouts to biking and hiking through the local Blue Hills Reservation, fitness is what wakes us up in the morning, what we think about all day and what drives us toward tomorrow. Our state-of-the-art headquarters is equipped with a three-story Fitness & Wellness Center, outdoor sports fields, CrossFit box, a gourmet cafeteria, on-site child care facility and discounted employee store. Located right outside of Boston, we are a short drive to New England’s beaches and mountains, making it a premier place to work and play.
Back to top