Financial Analyst, Retail Inventory Control - Temp
Purpose: Performs general multifaceted inventory control functions. Provide business partners with concise and insightful analysis through data gathering and reporting. Responsible for gaining detailed insight and understanding of the overall retail business both internally and at the vendor level to provide a high level of service and direction. Responsibilities include maintaining accurate inventory records for all adidas Group Retail stores (Inline and Outlet) to maximize sales potential.
- Research and process daily receiving, non-sale transactions and Advanced Shipping Notice (ASN) errors. Analyze each error to determine appropriate course of action. Receipts must post in a timely manner to guarantee the data integrity of inventory levels.
- Monitor store inventory levels (including negative on hands), research and resolve issues to ensure accurate inventory. Monitor store to store transfer transactions and PO/ASN receipts.
- Partner with accounting group located in Canton, MA and accounts payable department in Porto, Portugal. Research missing or incorrect goods receipts and missing or incorrect articles to ensure invoice match and timely payment to vendors. Post invoices for all non-EDI outside vendors adhering to invoice due dates. Research credit memos and provide appropriate information to Accounting group for processing.
- Overall analysis of inventory flow from point of purchase to point of sale ensuring inventory is correctly accounted for. Research inaccuracies and grow relationships with appropriate departments to develop solutions. Partner with store operations, Retail IT & Finance to evolve the current process for retail buying and inventory flow with the intent of creating business efficiencies and prevent further errors.
- Provide support to US Retail stores by resolving inventory-related MAGIC tickets
- Provide support to supervisor, senior management and headquarters with ad hoc financial analysis and database management
- Support business processes and reviews operational procedures, technologies and methodologies. Collaborates to implement improvements.
- Assist in the preparation, posting and reconciliation of bi-annual physical inventories.
- Store management,
- Buyers, Distributors
- Operations teams
- District Managers
- Accounting & Accounts Payable Departments
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be self-directed while working under tight deadlines
- Advanced MS Office skills, specifically Excel
- Ability to organize and keep track of multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people and cultures on a daily basis
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to understand and use financial data to make decisions and influence outcomes
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of business via phone, written communication and in person
- Strong understanding of the adidas Retail Supply chain process
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Finance, Accounting, Business or similar field
- Two plus years’ experience in business or financial analysis or planning
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for degree
- Retail specific experience preferred
Back to top