Assistant Store Manager #1830 Reebok New Westminster BC
As a member of the store management team, assists the Store Manager in ensuring all operational, business, and personnel targets are achieve for the store. Overseeing the daily operation of the store and assuring compliance with all company policies and government legislation.
- Through a specific divisional responsibility (Sales or Operations), supports the Store Manager in managing the day to day operations of the store to ensure the store meets key performance indicators and profit and loss expectations.
- Positively communicates and demonstrates the Brand values, attitude and culture.
- Ensures consistent implementation of all corporate programs, initiatives and strategies.
- Through direction of the Store Manager, ensures successful implementation of programs, policies, routine and seasonal initiatives, and specific store needs.
- Assists the Store Manager in ensuring there are effective succession, recruiting, hiring and training plans, resulting in lower store turnover.
- Develops staff by evaluating and providing performance feedback (performance and potential), seizing all coaching and training opportunities and fostering a team environment to meet store and company objectives.
- Promotes a high performance culture by setting clear expectations, providing information to the Store Manager to hold employees accountable, creating an effective and efficient work environment, and setting goals that focus the team on key drivers that impact success.
- Cooperates with the Store Manager to develop clear action plans for store and thrives to achieve objectives, deliverables and timelines of plan.
- Through direction from the Store Manager, takes clear accountability for training and execution of in-store in all areas, including business, operations, sales/customer service, and visual merchandising, to ensure all employees are trained in Retail Standards.
- Perform or assist in timely completion of all recordkeeping associated with applicants, new hires, payroll, performance appraisals, salary reviews, counselling, disciplinary actions and employee separations.
- Produces results under a variety of situations/market conditions and overcomes barriers to the company’s success in compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Shop competition on a regular basis to ensure competitiveness in the marketplace.
- Works closely with Store Manager to ensure inventory levels and styling selections are maximizing sales.
- Supports Store Manager in maintaining wage costs and overall expense control within assigned guidelines. Communicate these goals and review results with retail management team.
- Assumes responsibility for accuracy of all cash management and ensure that shrink control within store is minimized.
- Assumes responsibility for store and product security using systems provided, and monitoring the effectiveness of these in preventing theft.
- Assures adherence to company policies and procedures relating to NSB (POS system) integrity. Maintains confidentiality of retail operating information.
- Assures compliance with government legislation as it applies to employment standards and health and safety guidelines in overall management of store and associates.
- Maintains building and premises in a safe, organized and clean manner in accordance with adidas and legislated standards.
- Develops seamless communication with other retail store managers.
- Adheres to any and all visual merchandising guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by Store Manager and District Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient retail knowledge – operational and selling skills.
- Retail business management skills (fiscal and operational).
- Proficient skills in coaching and talent management.
- Ability to prioritize and allocate resources effectively.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through multiple lines of communication.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to quickly learn new systems (e.g. POS systems, web-portals, etc.).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 12 kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including weekends, evenings and statutory holidays. Also able to work extra hours during peak sales periods which include, but are not limited to, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and Back-to-School.
- The understanding of in-store retail operations and all cash procedures.
- Understanding of all pertinent government legislation applicable to retail establishments.
Qualifications (Minimum required education and experience):
- College or University degree and 1 year of Retail experience, preferably in the Sporting Apparel & Footwear industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior management and keyed experience preferred.
HEALTH & SAFETY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the duties and responsibilities of all adidas Group Canada full-time, seasonal-temporary and contract workers:
- Keep workplace safe and orderly.
- Report all accidents, injuries, contraventions of the Act and unsafe conditions to the Supervisor / Manager.
- Inspect immediate workplace daily and maintain to standards and report any hazards to Supervisor / Manager immediately.
- Use and wear the personal protective equipment or clothing required by the Occupational health & Safety Act and / or the Company, and shall not remove or make ineffective any protective device required by the regulations or by the Company without providing an adequate temporary protective device.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Act and the Company safety policies.
- Report to Supervisor / Manager the absence of, or any defect in, any equipment or protective devices of which s/he is aware and which may endanger her/himself or another worker; and also any hazard of which s/he knows.
- Not use or operate any equipment, machine, device or thing or work in a manner that may endanger him/herself or any other worker, nor engage in any prank, contest, feat of strength, unnecessary running or rough and boisterous conduct.
- Know and employ established rules and procedures for handling hazardous materials, equipment and processes.
“adidas Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities, and will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If selected to participate in an interview, accommodations will be made available on request. Please inform the Recruiter of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.”
Meet Some of Reebok's Employees
From materials to use to how to cut and sew them, Andi creates the fitness clothing worn by elite athletes and Reebok's consumers—on the court, in the gym, and on the go.
Back to top