Warrior Dash Local Marketing Coordinator
- Chicago, IL
The Breakdown: At Red Frog, we want to be the best and we embrace change. We love new ideas and creativity, and are constantly striving to be better each and every day. We’ll do whatever it takes, whenever it’s needed, in order to get the job done. Our workhorse hustle is what makes us so successful and unique.
Who We’re Looking For: At Red Frog, we’ve found that genuine, positive, good-hearted people make great co-workers, so that’s who we hire. Everyone who comes through Red Frog is passionate, caring, and sharp as a tack. We love what we do and strive to bring our best to every project.
What You’ll Do: As part of the Red Frog Events Marketing Department, you’ll help build, manage and execute 2018 & 2019 Warrior Dash local marketing plans.
- Develop and manage the local marketing plans for 6-8 Warrior Dash locations
- Identify and contact potential partners in each market to build organic awareness of Warrior Dash e.g. relevant businesses, local media, influencers and running clubs
- Build local marketing kits that can be sent to partners to promote Warrior Dash
- Plan and implement local market social media strategy
- Communicate local marketing plans with digital agency partnerTrack registrations to identify trends and opportunities
- Aid in implementation of email marketing plans for the local markets
- Manage Community Facebook event pages
- Develop and create marketing content that connects with audience
- Manage sponsorship fulfillment at the local levelTravel to local events to execute on-site production & operational needs
- Plan and execute promotional/on-premise marketing plans
- Capture content and post while on-site at Warrior Dash
- Assist with media execution
Skills and Experience:
- College Degree preferred
- Relevant marketing work/internship experience (entertainment, live events, sports) required
- Active lifestyle and passion for running/endurance and live events preferred
- Experience with community management and social media strategy utilizing social media platforms including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Creative writing experience developing content/copy in line with established brand tone and style
- Familiar with Excel and able to analyze and suggest improvements based on findings
- Comfortable with competitive research and analysisExperience working with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Effective project management, time management and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, resourceful and a possessing a positive, can-do attitude. Must be organized with the ability to easily prioritize many tasks in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Open-mindedness and willingness to learn along the way
40 hours per week in the office plus travel to 6-8 events, including weekends. This paid position is on-site in Chicago, within the downtown area.
The Warrior Dash Local Market Coordinator position will begin ASAP; the duration of the position will be through the end of June 2019; Opportunity for this position to be extended
Red Frog Events is an event production company and pioneer of the experiential entertainment industry, recognized for its award-winning company culture. Since 2007, the company has developed innovative brands including the Warrior Dash obstacle race series, Firefly Music Festival, and Chicago Beer Classic. Red Frog also provides event services ranging from food and beverage to its ticketing platform, EventSprout. Red Frog has been named one of Forbes’ “Most Promising Companies in America”, has appeared consecutively on Inc. Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Companies” list, and was recognized on Chicago Tribune’s “Top Workplaces” from 2011-2014, among other honors. The company was selected as St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’s “Corporate Partner of the Year” and to date, Red Frog has committed to raise $25 million dollars to St. Jude. In 2016, Red Frog announced their one percent profit donation to the Hospital.
Back to top