- Chicago, IL
As a Senior Accountant, you’ll be involved in various aspects of the day-to-day financial
operations of Red Frog, including corporate and event financial management, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance, and budgeting and forecasting. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
An ideal candidate is a detail-oriented and analytical individual who has the ability to prioritize conflicting needs and to see every project through to completion. This position also includes the opportunity to travel to events, on occasion.
- Leadership role in preparation of monthly and annual financial statements and other internal reporting, including general ledger maintenance, consolidation and financial statement analysis
- Administration and processing event/seasonal staff payroll
- Oversee and implement changes within event-related cash operations
- Prepare and file monthly and quarterly sales and use tax returns for multiple jurisdictions
- Support other Red Frog team members on accounting-related inquiries
- 2-4 years of relevant accounting or finance experience, preferably with a public accounting background
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Ability to travel occasionally to assist with event operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Intaact accounting software is a plus
Red Frog Events is an event production company and pioneer of the experiential entertainment industry, recognized for its award-winning company culture. Since 2007, the company has developed innovative brands including the Warrior Dash obstacle race series, Firefly Music Festival, and Chicago Beer Classic. Red Frog also provides event services ranging from food and beverage to its ticketing platform, EventSprout. Red Frog has been named one of Forbes’ “Most Promising Companies in America”, has appeared consecutively on Inc. Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Companies” list, and was recognized on Chicago Tribune’s “Top Workplaces” from 2011-2014, among other honors. The company was selected as St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’s “Corporate Partner of the Year” and to date, Red Frog has committed to raise $25 million dollars to St. Jude. In 2016, Red Frog announced their one percent profit donation to the Hospital.
Back to top