Seasonal Staffing Intern
Red Frog Events is an event production company and pioneer of the experiential entertainment industry, recognized for its award-winning company culture. Since 2007, the company has developed innovative brands including the Warrior Dash obstacle race series, Firefly Music Festival, and Chicago Beer Classic. Red Frog also provides event services ranging from food and beverage to its ticketing platform, EventSprout. Red Frog has been named one of Forbes’ “Most Promising Companies in America”, has appeared consecutively on Inc. Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Companies” list, and was recognized on Chicago Tribune’s “Top Workplaces” from 2011-2014, among other honors. In recognition of its philanthropic efforts, the company was selected as St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’s “Corporate Partner of the Year” and to date has raised over $13.5 million of a $25 million dollar fundraising commitment.
At Red Frog, we want to be the best and we embrace change. We love new ideas and creativity, and are constantly striving to be better each and every day. We’ll do whatever it takes, whenever it’s needed, in order to get the job done. Our workhorse hustle is what makes us so successful and unique.
Red Frog is seeking a Seasonal Staffing Intern to join our team! Ideal candidates must be passionate individuals with a love for connecting people with opportunities. We’re looking for hard working, detail-oriented, and organized individuals who can thrive in a busy environment at a fast-growing company. You’ll have the opportunity to work with our team to contribute to the staffing process by reaching out to volunteers and local event staff. This position requires the ability to juggle multiple projects and the ability to work creatively and efficiently. Qualified candidates will possess an enthusiasm for events, the running industry and/or music festivals. Candidates should also have a passion for staffing and volunteer recruitment. Ideal candidates are dedicated, quick learners, organized, and self-motivated.
- Execute volunteer outreach and recruitment
- Assist with cold-calling new volunteer groups and non-profit organizations
- Manage all volunteer inquiries and communication
- Oversee and execute volunteer post-event payments
- Manage Event Staff incoming emails
- Build relationships with all external Event Staff
- Assist with additional Event Staff recruitment, as needed
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, resourceful and a positive, can-do attitude
- Must be organized
- Possess the ability to easily prioritize many tasks in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to manage high volumes of tasks and projects
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with teams
- Demonstrated experience with creative problem-solving
- Use of specific systems or programs: Excel, Google Docs, Calendars
Preferred experience, but not required:
- Experience working with volunteers, sales, and/or in a food and beverage environment
- Compensation will be based on candidate’s experience
- Please kindly note, this is a seasonal position from 1/2017 – 7/2017
Meet Some of Red Frog Events's Employees
Creative Programming Senior Specialist
From marketing campaign content to on-site experiences, Christiane and her team work to generate the creative direction of each event the company puts on.
Back to top