Seasonal Sous Chef
Red Frog Food & Beverage combines over 45 years in large-scale food and beverage service with an award-winning event production company. Our innovative approach to food and beverage operations includes customizable restaurant options, simplicity for event organizers, and the highest industry per caps. From music festivals to the nation’s largest sporting events, we understand what it takes to execute world-class events. We are event food and beverage service reimagined.
What You’ll Do:
Red Frog Food and Beverage is seeking a Culinary Intern to join our team! Ideal candidates must be passionate individuals with a love for food and providing the highest quality guest experience. We’re looking for hard working, detail-oriented, and organized individuals who can thrive in a busy environment with a fast-growing company. You will be exposed to every facet of our high volume, short duration food operations.
This position is geared towards skilled people, with a culinary background, that are seeking an experience outside of a standard “brick and mortar” environment. Interns will travel to greenfield event locations nationwide. In contrast to a standard kitchen environment, we work in diverse settings, (ie. race tracks, outdoors, flight lines, festival grounds, etc..) building kitchens, dining rooms, and workspaces from the ground up. The duration of our event season is from May to September. Our events include: Firefly Music Festival, Dover NASCAR Races, ShamrockFest, Air Shows, among many others.
- Travel to assigned F&B events (Wed/Thurs-Monday)
- Setup and teardown of temporary kitchens
- Mange inventory including but not limited to receiving, storing, and rotating of product
- Provide guest satisfaction and problem resolution
- Manage small and large non-profit organization volunteers to maximize sales
- Assist chefs in on-site execution this includes but is not limited to food preparation, serving, receiving & organization of trucks, and maintaining highest level of sanitary standards
- Adhere to state and local health and safety regulations including labeling, dating and maintaining time & temperature logs
- Assists with other duties as assigned by the Culinary Development Team
- Assist in the development and testing of new menu items and concepts.
Skills and Experience:
- Basic knife skills, food prep experience, and knowledge of proper food handling, storing and serving
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and walk/stand up to 12 hours
- Currently enrolled or have completed culinary or hospitality degree or certification
- Ability to read and follow recipes
- Able to work quickly, efficiently, and independently
- Two years of professional food service experience
- Experience in catering and/or banquets
- Holds a valid Servsafe certification or similar state certification
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment; forklifts, box trucks, pallet jacks
Compensation and Additional Details:
- An average of 50 hours per event depending on type of event. Office hours determined based on availability and need.
- Competitive hourly rate based upon applicant’s experience
- Travel and accommodations included
Meet Some of Red Frog Events's Employees
Creative Programming Senior Specialist
From marketing campaign content to on-site experiences, Christiane and her team work to generate the creative direction of each event the company puts on.
Back to top