Product Designer (Contract-to-Hire)
Red Frog Events is an event production company and pioneer of the experiential entertainment industry, recognized for its award-winning company culture. Since 2007, the company has developed innovative brands including the Warrior Dash obstacle race series, Firefly Music Festival, and Chicago Beer Classic. Red Frog also provides event services ranging from food and beverage to its ticketing platform, EventSprout. Red Frog has been named one of Forbes’ “Most Promising Companies in America”, has appeared consecutively on Inc. Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Companies” list, and was recognized on Chicago Tribune’s “Top Workplaces” from 2011-2014, among other honors. In recognition of its philanthropic efforts, the company was selected as St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’s “Corporate Partner of the Year” and to date has raised over $13.5 million of a $25 million dollar fundraising commitment.
As a Product Designer, you'll have the opportunity to design all aspects of a highly interactive SaaS product, from brand new features to iterative improvements, ensuring that design and interaction blend with business, customer and technical requirements.
You'll work closely with Product to solve and communicate problems at low fidelity and then propose a highly polished solution with little delay. In this role, you'll get the chance to work on EventSprout, an exciting and innovative online ticketing product.
Our ideal candidate enjoys working in a cross-disciplinary environment and interacting with the product, design, developers and users throughout the company.
At Red Frog, we want to be the best and we embrace change. We love new ideas and creativity, and are constantly striving to be better each and every day. We’ll do whatever it takes, whenever it’s needed, in order to get the job done. Our workhorse hustle is what makes us so successful and unique.
We’ve found that genuine, positive, good-hearted people make great co-workers, so that’s whom we hire. Everyone who comes through Red Frog is passionate, caring, and sharp as a tack. We love what we do and strive to bring our best to every project.
Our ideal candidate possesses a deep curiosity and ability to consider product strategy and vision with their designs. You don’t just care about “how it looks,” or “what we should design,” but “why are we designing this at all?” You’re passionate about fine-grained interactions as well as the big picture features.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track record of designing SaaS products
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc)
- Extensive understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies and A/B test planning/execution
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Expertise working with prototyping software
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Strong online portfolio available for viewing
- BFA/BS in Graphic, Web or other Design related concentration
- Possess strong skillset with all components of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc)
- Ability to handle multiple projects at same time with high-level of attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, communication, planning and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to thoroughly test and evaluate your work
- Self-motivated, resourceful and a possessing a positive, can-do attitude
- Proactive contributor, helping to plan projects, manage your workload and communicate with the team to meet deadlines
A portfolio and/or website must be submitted to be considered for this position
BENEFITS AND ADDITIONAL DETAILS
- 40 hours/week at the Red Frog Events’ office in Chicago
- This is a contract-to-hire position
- Huge fans of popcorn-thirty, snacks, and dogs
Meet Some of Red Frog Events's Employees
Creative Programming Senior Specialist
From marketing campaign content to on-site experiences, Christiane and her team work to generate the creative direction of each event the company puts on.
Back to top