Graphic Design Intern
Red Frog Events is an event production company and pioneer of the experiential entertainment industry, recognized for its award-winning company culture. Since 2007, the company has developed innovative brands including the Warrior Dash obstacle race series, Firefly Music Festival, and Chicago Beer Classic. Red Frog also provides event services ranging from food and beverage to its ticketing platform, EventSprout. Red Frog has been named one of Forbes’ “Most Promising Companies in America”, has appeared consecutively on Inc. Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Companies” list, and was recognized on Chicago Tribune’s “Top Workplaces” from 2011-2014, among other honors. In recognition of its philanthropic efforts, the company was selected as St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’s “Corporate Partner of the Year” and to date has raised over $13.5 million of a $25 million dollar fundraising commitment.
At Red Frog, we want to be the best and we embrace change. We love new ideas and creativity, and are constantly striving to be better each and every day. We’ll do whatever it takes, whenever it’s needed, in order to get the job done. Our workhorse hustle is what makes us so successful and unique.
Who We’re Looking For:
At Red Frog, we’ve found that genuine, positive, good-hearted people make great co-workers, so that’s whom we hire. Everyone who comes through Red Frog is passionate, caring, and sharp as a tack. We love what we do and strive to bring our best to every project.
Red Frog is seeking a Graphic Design Intern to join our team! Ideal candidates must be passionate designers with a love of printed materials and possess a strong vector illustration, layout and typography skill set. We’re looking for detail-oriented and organized individuals who can thrive in a busy environment at a fast-growing company, and are eager to learn from our experienced team.
You’ll have the opportunity to design and produce a variety of projects including advertisements, posters, merchandise, logos, event signage, infographics and more. This position requires the ability to juggle multiple projects and produce design solutions that communicate brand initiatives and objectives clearly. As a Graphic Design Intern at Red Frog, you’ll contribute to the designs of Red Frog’s current and future brands.
- Design print and digital materials for multiple brands, and prep existing designs for production
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
- Help conceptualize new innovative designs for brands
- Maintain an eye for detail and quality on projects big and small, while communicating with the team to meet deadlines
- Ability to work at least 20 hours a week beginning in February 2017
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or currently pursuing) in Graphic Design, or related field
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent vector illustration, layout and typography work
- Digital/web experience, print design and production experience
- Team-oriented, collaborative work style
- Eager to learn and accept new responsibilities as you grow
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
- Passionate and friendly with a positive, can-do attitude
You must submit a portfolio link or examples to be considered for this position*
Meet Some of Red Frog Events's Employees
Creative Programming Senior Specialist
From marketing campaign content to on-site experiences, Christiane and her team work to generate the creative direction of each event the company puts on.
Back to top