Underwriter - Future Opportunities
We're using technology to shake up a $60 billion industry and revolutionize the way people buy and sell homes. Are you in? Redfin is at the forefront of the emerging E2E tech sector, combining technology and customer service to reinvent the end to end experience for buying and selling a home in the consumer's favor.
We're looking for someone with the experience, vision and passion to help build a world-class Mortgage business. In this role, you will be part of building the Underwriting Department, ensuring the highest level of credit quality. This position reports to the Director of Underwriting or Underwriting Manager and will be based in Dallas. Redfin has already changed the game for the buying and selling of homes, now the same philosophy is being applied to housing finance.
Here's what you'll do:
- Provide sound underwriting judgment when making credit risk decisions, based on application of underwriting guidelines and principles, and the thorough analysis of complex loan documentation.
- Evaluate the creditworthiness of loan applicants and the value and marketability of the subject property.
- Insures loans meet all bank, investor, federal, state and local policies, guidelines, and regulations.
- Communicates underwriting decisions in a clear and concise manner.
- Provide best in class customer service with a can do approach to personal accountability.
What you bring to the table:
- Ownership: you take personal accountability for your work and approach each day with a can do attitude.
- Knowledgeable: you have thorough, demonstrated knowledge of mortgage underwriting procedures, policies, guidelines and regulations. This knowledge extends to credit, income and asset analysis and property review and valuation.
- Leadership: you lead by example and participate as an effective member of any team.
- Analytical: numbers are your friends. You can't live without data. Your analysis informs how to improve results and where to spend a little more of your time and attention. You are able to translate numbers into action.
- Problem solver: you have demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems
- Tech-chops: you have a pulse on the competitive tech landscape and a modern view of Mortgage origination.
- Borrower centric: when in doubt, you do the right thing for the borrower above all.
- Required level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree and 1-3 years' residential mortgage loan underwriting or 7-9 years of equivalent work related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service
- High degree of attention to detail
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top