Technical Lead Engineer SDE-IV (Mortgage & Digital Close) - Seattle
We are on a mission to fundamentally revolutionize real estate in the customer's favor. We have a vision of a groundbreaking end-to-end customer experience for homebuyers, where working with a real estate agent, applying for a mortgage, and closing the transaction is fast, and feels contiguous, intuitive, and simple. With the launch of Redfin Mortgage in early 2017, we're at a tipping point in this revolution, and we need your help to make it happen.
You'll get an opportunity to be a hands-on technical architect of two startup-minded teams: Mortgage Engineering and Digital Closing Engineering. Extreme automation is our mantra. We want to bring mortgage closing timeline from 30+ days, down to 7 days, and for this we need a smart hybrid machine + human workflow system with automatic decision making capabilities. You'll get to work on these hard automation and distributed system problems, but also architect a big picture of how Redfin Mortgage plugs into the rest of Redfin architecture and communicates with our real estate and title & escrow systems to create that smooth and cohesive end-to-end experience for our customers.
Who you really are
- You are an experienced pragmatic architect with a proven track record of leading architecture and development of complex large-scale software systems.
- You are a very hands-on coder and can and lead by example to demonstrate what software craftsmanship is all about.
- You are passionate about inventing and applying AI techniques to automate tasks that are currently performed by humans. Prior expertise in this area is optional.
- You enjoy being a lynchpin and taking an active role in building a high performing team and mentoring junior and senior engineers.
- When you disagree, you disagree constructively, with respect for everyone else's opinions and ideas.
- More than anything, you share a passion for our mission to radically change the way people make one of the biggest decisions of their lives.
Technologies We Use and Teach
- Support and resources to continue learning, a brilliant team with which to collaborate, an office in downtown Seattle close to all the action, and a commitment to your career so you can grow with the company under a management team that has experience building startups into profitable, publicly traded companies.
- You'll get far more responsibility than at a big company, while at the same time far less stress than you will find in a 2-person garage startup.
- You'll see the fruits of your labor released to the web every day and you'll share in our joy as we hear back from customers, bloggers, and national media.
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top