Redfin is redefining real estate in the consumer's favor by combining our own technology and agents to create a service that’s better, faster, and costs less. As a Redfinnian, you'll make a difference in one of life's most important events-buying or selling a home. Our hiring standards are high, yet our culture is humble. No matter what role you have, you'll be both challenged and inspired every day. We've got all the perks, but if what you value most is doing great work in a creative, collaborative, and disciplined environment, join us.
As a System Administrator, you'll use your technical expertise to deliver the same spectacular customer service to every Redfinnian that our agents and engineers deliver to our customers.
· Along with the System Administration Team, responsible for the corporate IT infrastructure for Redfin and its subsidiaries.
· Manage multiple Active Directory, Google, and AWS environments.
· Continuously improve the security platform and policies within the organisation.
· Analyze issues concerning systems affecting internal customers including software issues, hardware issues, and/or new infrastructure deployments.
· Provide excellent support for internal customers and liaise with vendors when escalating issues.
Desired Skills & Experience
· 3-7+ years of progressive technical experience in a startup setting
· Systems, applications, and policy experience across multiple business units
· Experience running geographically diverse backup and recovery exercises
· AWS, Active Directory, Google, and SQL experience required
· Understand the principles of networking and the OSI model
· Coding and scripting experience strongly preferred using C++/Python/Java/SQL/Powershell
· Strong understanding of DHCP, TCP/IP and DNS
· Deep understanding of Microsoft Windows 7/10, Server 20*, Exchange 20*, SQL, IIS
· Strong investigative skills in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
· Bachelor's degree in information systems or business, or equivalent experience
· Ability to understand pain points and deliver solutions that solves problems
· Experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects for internal teams while also building relationships with and managing vendors throughout projects
What We Offer
· Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and stock options
· Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave
· Strong startup culture with catered lunches, casual dress code, happy hours, and more
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we've designed a multi-step selection process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, and a reference check. We're excited to get to know you and hope you’re ready to give this opportunity everything you've got!
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top