Redfin is a modern real-estate brokerage combining technology and world-class customer service to make home-buying and selling better for customers. We've saved buyers and sellers over $300 million in real estate commissions while delivering a full-service experience resulting in customer satisfaction ratings nearly double those of customers who work with traditional real estate brokerages.
The Staff Accountant works closely with finance personnel, as well as others across the organization, to assist in key accounting tasks. This position requires analytical and quantitative skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy. This position reports to the Financial Reporting Manager.
- Performs monthly accounting tasks (journal entries, various account reconciliations and miscellaneous other tasks).
- Support Finance Department in managing monthly close process.
- Manage prepaid assets, deferred rent and intangible assets.
- Support the Financial Reporting manager with various ad hoc reporting needs including the annual audits.
- Assist in researching, developing and maintaining documentation for key accounting policies and procedures, including internal controls.
- Special projects as assigned.
- 1 to 3 years of accounting experience.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Understanding and application of US GAAP.
- Strong Excel skills as well as the ability to work with large amounts of data.
- CPA preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and processes simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexible in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
What We Offer:
- Small teams with great exposure to all levels of the company
- Great location in downtown Seattle
- Competitive compensation and 3-weeks paid vacation annually
- Generous benefits
- Support and resources to continue learning
- Amazingly smart and fun teammates, and a management team invested in your growth and success
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top