Software Developer (Performance Engineering)
Redfin is a well-funded technology startup that's revolutionizing the $60 billion real estate industry. We use data, innovative design, and beautiful software to put the consumers first throughout the process of buying and selling homes. At Redfin, you’ll be part of something much bigger than just a job. If you've got fire in your belly to do work that matters, we want to hear from you.
Redfin's mission is to change the real estate game in the consumer's favor. We are looking for amazing Software Engineers to build infrastructure that enables Redfin to ship features on demand, at high quality.
The Performance Engineering Team is a newly-formed team which will provide the infrastructure and tools to enable developers to detect and analyze the root cause of performance and load issues across our customer and agent web experiences. This team is part of the larger effort under Redfin to improve the performance of our website. You will lead and build the project from scratch and see it grow and impact every aspect of Redfin. We will help deliver the best home buying experience with the best performance, and drive all the most critical business metrics up.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have experience in implementing complex engineering frameworks, pipelines, or large scale services from the ground up.
- You dream about ways to improve upon the status quo. Scale, performance, and stability drive your decision-making.
- You are a proactive learner and passionate about new technology.
- You have at least 2 years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in a related Engineering field.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- You will be at the heart of Redfin's effort of scaling our developer efficiency and accelerating our product development.
- You will solve very complex and challenging problems to build robust, scalable and performant internal tools, to capture performance and load issues before release.
- You will participate in designing and building the performance pipeline to understand user perceived performance in production, to analyze server health, and to identify opportunities and provide solutions for long-term performance optimization
- You will develop new benchmarks that are representative of internal workloads, run and analyze industry benchmarks, internal stress tests, live load tests, analyze bottlenecks, define and track exit criteria for releases.
- You will help understand the relationship between performance and other Redfin key metrics, provide data-driven guidance for key business decisions.
- Work cross-functionally the entire Redfin engineering organization with engineers on product, operations, and infrastructure teams. Communicate performance results and anomaly detection effectively.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE & TEACH:
- Java, React, Python
- Redshift, AWS, DynamoDB & EMR, Postgres
- A mission that matters. So far, we've helped over 54,000 people buy and sell homes, saving them over $336M in fees!
- A management team that will inspire you with their heart and soul, and teach you how to build successful startups yourself.
- Amazingly smart and fun teammates to work with and learn from day in and day out.
- An office in downtown San Francisco with a tight-knit social atmosphere including catered lunches, happy hours, a killer view of the San Francisco Bay, game and movie nights, and more!
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top