Software Developer, Notifications
Redfin is a well-funded technology startup revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, innovative design, and beautiful software to put consumers first throughout the process of buying and selling homes. Get ready to dive headfirst into our award-winning website and mobile apps and solve challenging business problems in a customer friendly way. Unleash your brilliance and do work that matters. At Redfin, you will be part of something much bigger than just a job. If you've got fire in your belly to do work that matters, we want to hear from you.
Redfin sends out millions of email and push notifications every day to our rapidly growing customer base. Notifications are responsible for a very large percentage of Redfin's traffic.
The Notifications team is building out a highly scalable and resilient platform to handle this rapid expansion. We use state of the art real-time stream processing technologies like Kafka and Samza. If you're interested in building distributed systems, developing highly scalable applications and exploring cloud computing, come join this motley group of passionate, friendly, (and super smart) engineers!
- Experience with large-scale design, implementation, and testing (Java or equivalent)
- Experience with data and analytics (SQL, python)
- Experience with developing Android/IOS applications
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Dependency Injection
- Strong problem solving and data-driven analysis
- One plus years of experience with large-scale software engineering
- Bachelor's degree or higher in CS or related fields
- The opportunity to fundamentally change the $75 Billion dollar Real Estate Industry
- Offices in downtown Seattle and SF, free food, hackathons, regular tech meetups
- A competitive compensation package with salary, bonuses, stock options, and a complete benefits package.
Redfin is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top