Software Developer II (Buyer Engagement) - Seattle
Redfin is a well-funded technology startup revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, innovative design, and beautiful software to put consumers first throughout the process of buying and selling homes. Get ready to dive headfirst into our award-winning website and mobile apps and solve challenging business problems in a customer friendly way. Unleash your brilliance and do work that matters. At Redfin, you will be part of something much bigger than just a job. If you've got fire in your belly to do work that matters, we want to hear from you.
As a full stack developer on the Buyer Engagement team, you'll work toward driving repeat visits, increased registration, and deeper engagement by our home buying customers. You'll build intuitive, empowering, and often exclusive features that make it easy for our users to find and select the perfect home to buy and inspire them to return to Redfin where they can accomplish far more with far less effort than they can anywhere else. And you'll grow a diverse expertise while you're at it, working on our website and mobile apps to make the experience flawless across all platforms.
Who you really are
- You are a developer who thinks like an end user, who knows that 90% done is only half done, and who can build rock-solid code that will withstand millions of users hammering on it.
- You have at least 2 years of development experience under your belt and are comfortable learning new technologies and tools.
- You love working with a smart, talented team because you know that makes you better.
- When you disagree, you disagree constructively, with respect for everyone else's opinions and ideas.
- More than anything, you share a passion for our mission to radically change the way people make one of the biggest decisions of their lives.
Technologies we use and teach
Our website and mobile apps are built with Java, AWS, Postgres, Hibernate, HTML, CSS, JS, React, Objective-C, Swift, and various other tools/libraries. We use IntelliJ, Bazel, Git and Bamboo.
- Support and resources to continue learning, a brilliant team with which to collaborate, an office in downtown Seattle close to all the action, and a commitment to your career so you can grow with the company under a management team that has experience building startups into profitable, publicly traded companies.
- You'll get far more responsibility than at a big company, while at the same time far less stress than you will find in a 2 person garage startup.
- Amazingly smart and fun teammates to collaborate with
- You'll see the fruits of your labor released to the web every day and you'll share in our joy as we hear back from customers, bloggers, and national media.
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top