Senior Software Engineer [SDE-III] (Mortgage) - Seattle
We are on a mission to fundamentally revolutionize real estate in the customer's favor. We have a vision of an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience for homebuyers; where the entire home-buying transaction of working with a real estate agent, applying for a mortgage, and closing the transaction is fast, and feels contiguous, intuitive, and simple. Redfin Mortgage launched in early 2017 and has brought us to the tipping point in this revolution. We need you to make that vision happen.
Extreme automation is our mantra. We want to bring the mortgage closing timeline from 30+ days, down to 7 days, and for this we need a smart hybrid machine + human workflow system with automatic decision making capabilities. You'll get to work on these hard automation and distributed system problems, but also own driving metrics for our Team to delight our customers.
Who You Really Are
- You are an experienced full stack engineer that has built elegant APIs and are passionate about building a top notch user experience.
- You own technical projects from design to implementation to production.
- You love writing robust code that grows with the business that is both maintainable and well tested.
- You spearhead engineering changes to raise the quality of development across the team and the rest of the engineering organization.
- You enjoy mentoring other engineers and shaping the culture of the team.
- When you disagree, you disagree constructively, with respect for everyone else's opinions and ideas.
- More than anything, you share a passion for our mission to radically change the way people make one of the biggest decisions of their lives.
Technologies We Use and Teach
- Support and resources to continue learning, a brilliant team with which to collaborate, an office in downtown Seattle close to all the action, and a commitment to your career so you can grow with the company under a management team that has experience building startups into profitable, publicly traded companies.
- You'll get far more responsibility than at a big company, while at the same time far less stress than you will find in a 2-person garage startup.
- You'll see the fruits of your labor released to the web every day and you'll share in our joy as we hear back from customers, bloggers, and national media.
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top