Senior Software Developer (New Strategic Initiative) - Seattle
Redfin is a well-funded technology startup that's revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, innovative design, and beautiful software to put the consumers first throughout the process of buying and selling homes. Get ready to dive headfirst into our award-winning website and solve challenging business problems in a customer friendly way. Unleash your brilliance and do work that matters. At Redfin, you'll be part of something much bigger than just a job. If you've got fire in your belly to do work that matters, we want to hear from you.
A brand new team within Redfin is working on a high stakes strategic initiative. We are a start-up within a start-up building technology for an entirely new business for Redfin with the goal of enabling previously unimaginable ease and simplicity in real estate transactions for home sellers. We are looking for experienced software developers who will be technical visionaries, architects, and mentors on our team. You'll get an opportunity to guide the team as it builds new software and frameworks from scratch, which will range from beautiful customer-facing applications to highly scalable distributed workflows.
Who you really are
- You have a proven track record of leading architecture and development of complex large-scale software systems
- You're a developer who thinks like an end user, who knows that 90% done is only half done, and who can build rock-solid code that will withstand millions of users hammering on it.
- You love beautiful, simple user interfaces, and you constantly wonder what you could have done to make your last project simpler.
- You love working with a smart, talented team because you know that makes you better.
- When you disagree, you disagree constructively, with respect for everyone else's opinions and ideas.
- You spearhead engineering changes to raise the quality of development across the engineering organization.
- You set an example of engineering excellence, and act as a close mentor and teacher to your team.
- More than anything, you share a passion for our mission to radically change the way people make one of the biggest decisions of their lives.
Technologies we use and teach
- Support and resources to continue learning, a brilliant team with which to collaborate, an office in downtown Seattle close to all the action, and a commitment to your career so you can grow with the company under a management team that has experience building startups into profitable, publicly traded companies.
- You'll get far more responsibility than at a big company, while at the same time far less stress than you will find in a 2-person garage startup.
- You'll see the fruits of your labor released to the web every day and you'll share in our joy as we hear back from customers, bloggers, and national media.
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top