Senior Software Developer (Home Discovery Team) - San Francisco
Redfin is a well-funded technology startup that's revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, innovative design, and beautiful software to put the consumers first throughout the process of buying and selling homes. Get ready to dive in and solve challenging business problems in a customer-friendly way. Unleash your brilliance and do work that matters. At Redfin, you'll be part of something much bigger than just a job. If you've got fire in your belly to do work that matters, we want to hear from you.
As a full stack developer on the Homes Discovery Team, you will work on projects that are highly visible and mission-critical to Redfin. Our team takes an incredibly complicated home search process and brings it online into an addictive, empowering and delightful map-based experience. Redfin's search tools are used by millions of people every month to find a place they'd love to call home. You will work on features that account for a majority of the user traffic. You will have the opportunity to work on customer-facing features, performance/scalability issues and building technical infrastructure. As a Senior Developer, you will mentor other engineers and help provide technical leadership for the team.
- Experience working with complex web applications
- Experience working on optimization techniques for web applications
- Experience with architectural patterns, API design and building large scale applications
- BS Degree in computer science with strong knowledge in CS fundamentals, algorithms & data structures
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE & TEACH
- SQL, Hibernate, PostgreSQL
- AWS, Dynamo, Redis Cache
- CSS, HTML
- Small team with a great exposure to all levels of the company
- A mission that matters. So far, we've helped over 54,000 people buy and sell homes, saving them over $336M in fees!
- An office in downtown San Francisco with all the startup perks you've come to expect, a killer view of the San Francisco Bay, tight-knit social atmosphere, and more!
- A management team that will inspire you with their heart and soul, and teach you how to build successful startups yourself
- Amazingly smart and fun teammates to collaborate with and learn from day in and day out
- Competitive compensation and benefits. 3-weeks paid vacation annually to start
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top