Senior Software Developer (Home Discovery Team) - San Francisco
Redfin is revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, beautiful software, and innovative design to put customers first at every step in the home-buying and selling process. Get ready to dive headfirst into our award-winning website and mobile apps, solving complex business problems in a highly visible, customer-centric way. We've got all the perks, but if what you value most is doing great work in a collaborative startup environment, join us.
As a full stack developer on the Homes Discovery Team, you will work on projects that are highly visible and mission-critical to Redfin. Our team takes an incredibly complicated home search process and brings it online into an addictive, empowering and delightful map-based experience. Redfin's search tools are used by millions of people every month to find a place they'd love to call home. You will work on features that account for a majority of the user traffic. You will have the opportunity to work on customer-facing features, performance/scalability issues and building technical infrastructure. As a Senior Developer, you will mentor other engineers and help provide technical leadership for the team.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working with complex web applications
- Experience working on optimization techniques for web applications
- Experience with architectural patterns, API design and building large scale applications
- BS Degree in computer science with strong knowledge in CS fundamentals, algorithms & data structures
Technologies We Use & Teach
- SQL, Hibernate, PostgreSQL
- AWS, Dynamo, Redis Cache
- CSS, HTML
- Small team with a great exposure to all levels of the company
- A mission that matters. So far we've helped over 54,000 people buy and sell homes, saving them over $336M in fees!
- A management team that will inspire you with their heart and soul, and teach you how to build successful startups yourself
- Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and stock grants
- Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave
- Strong startup culture with catered lunches, casual dress code, happy hours, and more!
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top