Senior Software Developer (Agent Efficiency) - Seattle
Redfin is a well-funded technology startup that's revolutionizing the $60 billion real estate industry. We stake our success on doing work that matters - work that has a chance to fundamentally change the way that homes are bought and sold. As a full-stack engineer on the Agent Efficiency team, you'll be working on a product-oriented team with a well-focused charter.
Our goal is to use technology to make the role of a real estate agent more efficient and effective than has ever been done before.
The first side of this role will have you very close to the product and its users. Every engineer on our team understands the product well and aids in setting strategic direction. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where all input is valued and engineers are expected to grow and contribute in a variety of ways.
The other side of this role will have you stepping into the shoes of a technical leader within the company, as well as a mentor within the team. Redfin is still growing, and our senior engineers are given freedom to experiment and advocate for new technical directions. Technical choices you make will be felt across the organization.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years experience building full-stack applications with a deep understanding of the product
- You are experienced in building full-stack applications and leading projects with a large engineering impact.
- You spearhead engineering changes to raise the quality of development across the engineering organization.
- You set an example of engineering excellence and act as a close mentor and teacher to your team.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE AND TEACH
- React, including Redfin's React Server
- Java 8, PostgreSQL, Hibernate
- Twilio SDK, Redshift, DynamoDB, Graphite monitoring, Redis
- Small teams with great exposure to all levels of the company
- Competitive compensation and 3 weeks paid vacation annually
- Twice yearly Hackathon
- No on-call for developers
- Brand new office building in downtown Seattle as of January 2017
- Support and resources to continue learning
- Amazingly smart and fun teammates, and a management team invested in your growth and success
Redfin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
Marketing Manager, Listings
At Redfin, agents aren’t responsible for doing their own marketing. Instead, Lauren’s team acquires new listings so that their agents have a steady stream of properties to sell.
Back to top