Senior Recruiter - Chicago
A Different Kind of Startup
We're using technology to shake up a $60 billion industry and revolutionize the way people buy and sell homes. Are you in?
Redfin is at the forefront of the emerging E2E tech sector, combining technology and customer service to reinvent the end to end experience for buying and selling a home in the consumer’s favor. The opportunity to disrupt real estate is huge, with $60 billion spent every year on real estate commissions, the industry is ripe for change. So far, we’ve helped over 20,000 people buy and sell homes, saving them over $100M in fees, and doing it all with a 97% customer satisfaction score.
As a Senior Recruiter on the Real Estate team you’ll be working on the roles that are the front line of client service, and you'll do this within a company that is a recruiter’s dream! It is not the place for status quo or mediocrity, and we pride ourselves on our culture and values. Our team is central to Redfin's growth strategy and we are looking for someone excited about our mission and ready to take this challenge head on. We’re committed to finding the right people, who in a sales-driven industry do what’s right for the customer, and not just what’s right for their wallet. Your focus will be on the Chicago market.
What you should bring to the table:
- Wicked at sourcing: you’re a sleuth at finding out where the talent lives and aren’t afraid to cold-call. You have experience connecting deep into a function where you know many of the players and have built a network that will refer others to you.
- Defy the Laws of Attraction: you can learn the lingo for talking to a real estate agent, you make friends everywhere, and you’ve got a knack for getting even the most evasive candidates to talk to you. You’ve got a thousand LinkedIn connections and almost as many Facebook friends.
- Eye for talent: you don’t waste time with hit-or-miss candidates. You listen carefully to what our Customer needs and you pride yourself on quality, not quantity. If it doesn’t work out, you deliver the news quickly and respectfully, and then adapt your sourcing plan.
- Sales-person: you know how to sell an opportunity to your audience. You pride yourself on delivering legendary candidate and customer experience.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Find candidates: Utilize programs and direct sourcing to attract qualified candidates with skills and behaviors we want to be successful with Redfin. You’ll focus on real estate candidates for all levels of roles in San Francisco and other markets. Must be able to travel as needed to San Francisco.
- Market the company: Identify local events that should be attended by you and the team, seek out additional venues for advertising and brand exposure.
- Evaluate talent: We’ll need you to pre-screen candidates, assess whether they’re in-line with our values, and discover what makes them tick.
- Manage the pipeline: You’ll need to be pro-active about keeping things organized, militant about procedure, and reliable on follow-through.
- Advise: Be the talent advisor to hiring leaders. Use data to influence change, map effective selection processes and recruitment plans, then execute consistently.
- Guide: As a Senior Recruiter, you'll work closely with the Recruiting Manager to develop strategy and guide the team to evolve and achieve new heights of success.
- Experience: 5+ years as a recruiter with a history of exceptional results; including real estate, corporate or sales recruiting experience. Ideally you have supported a broad geography and recruited for teams outside of your local area.
- Smarts: You’ve got a college degree, can communicate & write well and are sharp as a tack at grasping new things. You can explain / measure what you’ve done, pitch new ideas, and can build the case for change.
- Strategist: Whether working on a tough niche position or planning for big picture recruiting needs, you have built and executed successful recruiting strategies. You have proven experience recruiting candidates who don’t use job boards.
- Tech-chops: You are an expert with online recruiting methods and utilizing social media, and you are meticulous about applicant tracking.
This is a full time position with exceptional benefits and perks. You must be able to work primarily from our beautiful office in Chicago but we are a results oriented team with flexibility on schedules and some telecommuting for high performers.
Redfin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top