Senior Processor - Future Opportunities
We're using technology to shake up a $60 billion industry and revolutionize the way people buy and sell homes. Are you in? Redfin is at the forefront of the emerging E2E tech sector, combining technology and customer service to reinvent the end to end experience for buying and selling a home in the consumer's favor.
We're looking for someone with the experience, vision, and passion to help build a world-class Mortgage business. In this role, you will be part of building the Mortgage Advisor function, by providing subject matter expertise, creating loan level solutions through proactive problem solving, analyzing complex loan scenarios and researching and answering underwriting questions. You will challenge the status quo by making recommendations on improving the mortgage credit risk and processing process, procedure and policy. This position reports to the Director of Operations and will be based in Dallas. Redfin has already changed the game for the buying and selling of homes, now the same philosophy is being applied to housing finance.
Here's what you'll do:
- Represent the company in a professional manner and providing an exceptional level of customer service in all interactions and functions of the position
- Review new loan applications in accordance with investor's loan programs requirements and regulatory requirements.
- Verify and evaluate employment history, income, assets, and liabilities. Review title and appraisals, obtains adequate hazard insurance coverage and if applicable, flood insurance coverage.
- Communicate and resolve loan application problems. Assist Mortgage Advisor and Underwriter with addressing credit report problems, income documentation, and high debt ratios.
- Communicate status of loans to Mortgage advisors and if applicable, to buyer, seller, realtor, and title company (as needed)
- Ensure other loan processing functions are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Responsible for reviewing appraisals and ensuring values are well documented
- Provide best in class customer service with a can do approach to personal accountability.
What you bring to the table:
- Ownership: you take personal accountability for your work and approach each day with a can do attitude.
- Knowledgeable: you have thorough, demonstrated knowledge of mortgage loan application procedures, policies, guidelines and regulations.
- Leadership: you lead by example and participate as an effective member of any team.
- Flexible: adaptability in a fluid and rapidly changing environment
- Analytical: numbers are your friends. You can't live without data. Your analysis informs how to improve results and where to spend a little more of your time and attention. You are able to translate numbers into action.
- Problem solver: you have demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems
- Tech-chops: you have a pulse on the competitive tech landscape and a modern view of Mortgage origination.
- Borrower centric: when in doubt, you do the right thing for the borrower above all.
- Required level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of mortgage processing, underwriting, originating or a combination thereof
- Experience with product guidelines for conventional mortgages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skills with Google products, DU/DO and other mortgage-related software
- Excellent customer service
- High degree of attention to detail
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top