Senior Platform Engineer
Redfin is redefining real estate in the consumer's favor by combining our own technology and agents to create a service that’s better, faster, and costs less. As a Redfinnian, you'll make a difference in one of life's most important events—buying or selling a home. The opportunity is huge, with $75 billion spent every year on real estate commissions and the industry is ripe for change. So far, we've helped over 80,000 people buy and sell homes, saving them over $200M in fees, and doing it all with a high customer satisfaction score.
As a Senior Platform Engineer for the Data Engineering Team, you will help build our next generation data platform. Your job is to contribute to the overall design of the platform and also own key features end-to-end. You'll need to understand and support the current platform to build a better version and to ensure a smooth transition. By building beautiful platforms that provide useful insights about our properties, agents, and business, you'll help us lead the industry in real estate analytics. This includes working with a diverse set of users with various business needs and technical skills to simplify their work and promote best practices.
- Build tools for marketers, analyst, and data scientist to efficiently process large datasets
- Develop and integrate API's to connect to external systems
- Create automated and continuous build and deployment processes
- Build a UI to help users manage and monitor their task
- Promote best practices by building them into the tools
- Work with other teams to understand their needs in order to simplify their work
- Provide support to teams who use the platform
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in software engineering
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, computer science, engineering, social science, or related field
- Experience with Python, Linux, AWS, and Docker desired but not required
- Experience building and deploying highly scalable distributed systems in a cloud environment
- Experience in database technologies (i.e., Postgres, MySQL ,SQL Server, Oracle, RedShift etc.)
- Experience in big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- An entrepreneurial spirit, a drive to ship quickly, and familiarity with agile software development practices
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, communicate well with partner teams - both technical and non technical, and a strong empathy for the customer experience
- The ability to work within an Agile/Scrum development process
What We Offer
- An opportunity to be part of dynamic, growing company where your contributions make a real difference and new ideas are always welcome
- Amazingly smart and fun teammates to collaborate with and a management team invested in your success at Redfin and beyond
- Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and stock options
- Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave
- Strong startup culture with catered lunches, casual dress code, happy hours, and more
- A sweet office in downtown Seattle
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top