Senior Operations Engineer (Linux Systems Engineer)
Who you are:
- Great problem solving skills; should be able to analyse problems and come up with solutions.
- Strong communication skills; capable of writing proposals, acting as a vendor liason, and working closely with upper management
- Solid understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems; understands swapping/paging, inter-process communications, fileystem concepts (inode, clustering, logical partitions), can tune machines according to performance analysis
- Solid understanding of Networking concepts; routing and the design of tcp/ip networks.
- Ability to program in an administrative language (shell, perl, python, as examples)
- Participate in on-call rotation
- 5+ years of previous system administration experience
- Familiarity with SQL databases
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top