Senior New Ventures Manager
Redfin is redefining real estate in the consumer's favor by combining our own technology and agents to create a service that’s better, faster, and costs less. As a Redfinnian, you'll make a difference in one of life's most important events—buying or selling a home. Our hiring standards are high, yet our culture is humble. No matter what role you have, you'll be both challenged and inspired every day. We've got all the perks, but if what you value most is doing great work in a creative, collaborative, and disciplined environment, join us.
The New Ventures team drives growth at Redfin by exploring new opportunities, providing recommendations to the executive team, and incubating fledgling businesses until they become large enough to stand on their own. As a Senior New Ventures Member, you'll work to create new sources of revenue, innovation, and strategic advantage for our growing company.
- Lead corporate development for Redfin post-IPO
- Find new businesses, acquisitions, and partnerships that can accelerate growth for Redfin and help our customers and our agents
- Create strong business cases and engage the executive team and leaders from R&D, Real Estate, and Marketing to reach well-informed decisions
- Roll up your sleeves and help bring new ideas to life, running point across multiple teams and monitoring results to make sure we're on track to hit our goals
- Once you prove out an opportunity, help graduate it into its own stand-alone business
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with technology corporate development, investments, and M&A required; real estate experience a plus
- Expertise in generating financial models and analyzing operational data (SQL skills a bonus)
- Track record of successful projects that made a difference for the customer and the company
- Ability to identify the best opportunities based on business impact and alignment with overall strategy
- Shrewd negotiating skills and ability to build business relationships with other companies on the phone and in person
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and stock options
- Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave
- Strong startup culture with catered lunches, casual dress code, happy hours, and more
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we've designed a multi-step selection process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, and a reference check. We're excited to get to know you and hope you’re ready to give this opportunity everything you've got!
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top