Senior Data Scientist
Redfin is a well-funded technology startup that's revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry in consumers' favor. At Redfin, you’ll be able to unleash your brilliance to help us make sure the world knows there's a better way to buy and sell homes. As a part of Redfin's Analytics team, you'll help us query, automate, and forecast your way to a better future, crushing biases and side-stepping anomalies to guide the organization on decisions large and small. If you've got experience building accurate automated forecasting systems and fire in your belly to do work that matters, we want to hear from you.
As a Senior Data Scientist, focused on forecasting, you'll build and automate models that will help Redfin make big and crucial decisions about how to structure our company for the short term, medium term, and long term. You'll partner with Redfin's Chief Economist and team of Data Scientists to build models that will help us predict the direction of the housing market and decide how we can most efficiently grow into and transform it.
Who You Are
- Successful: We're looking for someone with at least 7 years of experience with a proven ability to build accurate predictive models that have generated clear recommendations for action in a complex space
- Sharp: These problems are tough! You should have outstanding analytical and quantitative skills and the confidence to stand behind your results under pressure
- Practical: We're moving quickly and we need rapid answers to business questions. You must be able to build and automate models that produce accurate, actionable results on the double
- Curious: Redfin is looking for an analytical juggernaut that doesn’t stop at answering the "what" questions. We want someone who hungers for the "why" and "what if" questions
- Concise: Communicating your ideas clearly to folks who don’t share your passion for analytics is the mark of mastery
- Take-charge: You think like an owner and work to see your ideas put into practice
- History of success: We're looking for someone who has built and automated accurate, dependable forecasting systems from scratch in a fast-paced business environment
- Technical chops: Expertise in SQL, Python, and R is required; discomfort with digging into someone else's gnarly old spreadsheets is unacceptable
- Education: A B.S. in mathematics, statistics, operations research, computer science, engineering or one of the hard sciences is required. An M.S./PhD is preferred
- Passion: This position is not for the faint of heart. This is a high-visibility role with the opportunity to become a key figure in building the models that will drive Redfin’s planning and decision making at a pivotal time for the company
- Great exposure to all levels of the company
- Great location in downtown Seattle
- Competitive compensation, generous benefits and 3-weeks paid vacation annually
- Support and resources to continue learning
- Amazingly smart and fun teammates, and a management team invested in your growth and success
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top