Redfin Now Renovations Manager - Southern California
Redfin is redefining real estate in the consumer's favor. As a full-service brokerage, we combine our own technology and real estate agents to make buying and selling a home faster, easier, and more efficient. Our hiring standards are high, yet our culture is humble. No matter what role you have, you’ll be both challenged and inspired every day. If you're passionate about delighting customers and transforming the real estate industry, join us.
Our new Redfin Now team brings a higher level of convenience and certainty to the home-selling process by purchasing homes directly from homeowners. As the Renovations Manager for Redfin Now, you’ll drive the process of getting homes tuned up and ready sell.
- Manage external vendors, including painters, flooring installers, landscapers, and handypeople to get homes in prime resale condition on budget and on time, while verifying that work is completed at a high level of quality
- Create accurate budgets and timelines for improvement plans
- Find and vet new vendors to build out our capacity so we’re always ready to complete jobs quickly after we take possessions of a home
- Negotiate pricing with vendors to make sure Redfin Now is getting the best deal
- Work closely with Redfin Now Buyers, Sellers, and Transaction Coordinators to ensure a smooth end-to-end purchase, renovation, and sale transaction
- Attend home inspections, review inspection reports, and create a repair list for a repair addendum when required
- Get your hands dirty when there’s a small repair or emergency, using your creativity to find clever solutions to unique problems
Skills and Experience
- Experience in construction and managing tradespeople required
- Experience working for or as a home flipper, general contractor, licensed home inspector, or home builder a plus
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently when managing multiple projects involving several parties
- Cool and composed demeanor when resolving problems and interacting with vendors
- Willingness to drive to homes in the Inland Empire and San Diego
- Enthusiasm for working as part of a team to grow this new business and develop new systems and technology
What We Offer
- Compensation Package: Base salary, performance bonuses, and 401(k)
- Health Insurance: Choose from various full-family medical, dental, and vision plans with low out-of-pocket expenses
- Paid Time Off: Three weeks of paid vacation, paid maternity/paternity leave, sick leave, and flex days
- Coverage for Expenses: Computer equipment, cell phone plan, and mileage reimbursement
Career Advancement: Paid training and continuing education, as well as opportunities to move into other roles at Redfin
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top