Quality Engineering Lead, San Francisco, CA
We are looking for you, a Quality Engineering Lead, to manage a team responsible for providing engineering teams with the guidance and support they need to ship new experiences at high quality and provide data into how those experiences are performing in production. You will make sure our customers, agents, and partners have real time visibility into what the engineering team is shipping. You will own all our processes that are responsible for keeping our engineering teams humming. You will help evangelize and coach our engineering teams on the best agile and kanban practices.
Who you are and what you will own:
- Quality driven: You recognize that we can’t sacrifice quality for speed, but you will do everything in your power to deliver both. You will provide visibility to the team into our recent releases and the issues associated with them. You will work with teams to root cause production failures and ensure that they are prevented in the future.
- Champion of efficiency: You want to make it easy for every engineer at Redfin to get things done. You make shipping features easy, but are not afraid to hold teams accountable when teams move too fast. When you see opportunities for new tools to make the process faster and more reliable and work with our engineering team to make it happen.
- Proactive communicator: You are the glue between our engineering, real estate operation team and PM team and ensure that everyone knows when features are shipping or slipping. You are able to predict when we are going to hit a speed bump or roadblock and quickly jump into action.
- Technically curious: You don’t only want to ship software, but you want to understand the nitty gritty of how we built it and how ship it. You want to learn about the technologies that enable our engineering teams and constantly explore new ideas to make it better.
- Trusted collaborator: Build strong relationships with execs, product, engineering, analytics, marketing, and real estate to improve processes and influence the our engineering processes.
What you will get:
- The opportunity to make a lasting impact! Redfin is on a mission and wants you to help us change the world. We are improving the largest purchasing decision of a person's life in every possible way.
- The opportunity to be a key stakeholder working to influence and define our processes, tools, relationships, and culture for shipping software at Redfin should have. Bring your creativity to the role!
- The ability to impact the lives of every engineer at Redfin, you will directly influence and shape the engineering experiences to help Redfin move fast.
- The opportunity to develop skills in product, analytics, and business -- you will be closely involved in all of these, which can help take your career in multiple exciting directions. We believe it is better than any academic training available on truly learning how a company works cross-functionally.
- The chance to work with brilliant, passionate, down-to-earth colleagues. Redfin has assembled a team of the best real estate agents, product managers, designers, engineers, and support staff in the country. You will be working with, and learning from, the best.
- A great environment to work in with an office in downtown San Francisco, free food and snacks, happy hours, game nights, hackathons, and office yoga.
- Competitive compensation with stock options and a generous benefits package
Back to top