Public Relations & Social Media Intern
Redfin is a well-funded technology startup that's revolutionizing the $60 billion real estate industry in consumers' favor. At Redfin, you'll be able to unleash your brilliance to improve the end-to-end real estate experience and make one of the most important decisions of a person's life faster, easier, and more efficient. The Redfin mission is to reinvent real estate in the consumer's favor, and we're building a world-class team to tell our story. Unleash your brilliance and be part of something much bigger than just a job. If you've got fire in your belly to do work that matters, we want to hear from you.
As a Public Relations & Social Media Intern, you’ll work with the communications team to tell the world how buying and selling a home is better with Redfin. Your responsibilities will include writing and posting updates on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram, managing social media sweepstakes, writing and publishing blog posts on Redfin Real-Time, drafting press releases, and keeping an eye out for coverage opportunities. You’ll learn social media and public relations best practices, and you’ll build a portfolio of published work. If you’re a talented writer who wants to enter the field of communications, we want to hear from you.
- College-level courses in public relations, journalism or communications preferred.
- Previous communications-related internship a plus.
- Quick, creative, and precise writing. You know the AP Stylebook inside and out.
- Extreme organization and attention to the smallest details.
- Ability to be proactive and deal effectively with ambiguity.
- Technical aptitude and willingness to learn new things quickly.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Enthusiasm and appreciation for all kinds of tasks.
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude.
Technologies We Use & Teach
- Basic HTML
- Google Analytics
- Social media tools
- An amazing 12 week summer experience working on communications projects that matter to our business
- Awesome start-up culture (snacks, lunches, office events, casual dress code)
- Smart and passionate co-workers and a manager invested in your growth and development
- Lots of fun events with fellow interns and Redfin employees
- Small teams with great exposure to all levels of the company
- Competitive compensation
- Relocation stipend provided for eligible candidates
- #1 large company for Seattle’s best places to work 2014 by Seattle Business Magazine
Please provide two writing samples for review
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top