Licensing and Compliance Manager
Redfin is redefining real estate in the consumer's favor by combining our own technology and agents to create a service that's better, faster, and costs less. As a Redfinnian, you’ll make a difference in one of life’s most important events—buying or selling a home. Our hiring standards are high, yet our culture is humble. No matter what role you have, you’ll be both challenged and inspired every day. We’ve got all the perks, but if what you value most is doing great work in a creative, collaborative, and disciplined environment, join us.
As the Redfin Licensing and Compliance Manager, your focus will be on improving and scaling our processes by bringing your love for order and systems to our real estate compliance program. You will also manage the mortgage licensing and reporting process for our subsidiary mortgage company, Redfin Mortgage. In this role you will set the tone by providing spectacular customer service to internal clients.
- Manage a small team of dedicated individuals who oversee the regulatory compliance and licensure of our nationwide real estate and mortgage operations. This includes individual and entity-level licenses for all real estate agents and mortgage licensees.
- Partner with brokers and branch managers to provide licensing verifications and resolve day-to-day license related problems.
- be a part of the new-hire onboarding process facilitated by our HR and IT departments.
- Manage securing licenses for Redfin Mortgage in new states, and build ongoing reporting and compliance systems.
- Develop systems and frameworks that allow the team to work smarter, not harder, and focus on creating client-friendly processes.
- Scale the individual licensing program from 2,000 to 12,000: as Redfin expands, you'll need to predict and define Redfin's licensing needs and shepherd the licensing and renewal process so that our brokers and agents have one less thing to worry about.
- Determine the requirements to get up and running in a new state or business market and be a resource to the local management by proactively providing local compliance and licensing requirement summaries.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Measurable wins in process development and iteration
- Experience with real estate licensing, mortgage licensing and reporting and/or regulatory compliance strongly preferred
- Management experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills. It's not just about being able to understand complex issues, but about sharing them in a simple and clear manner
- Strong ability to listen to, collaborate with, and partner with clients at all levels of the organization
- Ability to develop and present ideas to improve work processes
- Self-starter mentality with initiative and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision using sound business judgement
- Passion for detail, outstanding organizational skills, and excellent follow-through
- Compulsion to wow internal clients with outstanding service
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and stock
- Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave
- Strong startup culture with catered lunches, casual dress code, happy hours, and more
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we’ve designed a multi-step selection process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, and a reference check. We’re excited to get to know you and hope you’re ready to give this opportunity everything you’ve got!
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top