Event Marketing Coordinator - Los Angeles/Orange County
Redfin is a well-funded technology startup that's revolutionizing the $60 billion real estate industry in consumers' favor. At Redfin, you'll be able to unleash your brilliance to improve the end-to-end real estate experience and make one of the most important decisions of a person's life faster, easier, and more efficient. You'll be diving headfirst into our award-winning website and mobile apps and be a part of solving unique and challenging business problems in a customer-friendly way. If you've got fire in your belly to do work that matters, we want to hear from you.
Redfin needs a rock star Event Marketing Coordinator to support our quest to spread the word about our customer-first service and world-class real estate search site. You'll be working with the event team and the real estate operations teams to host many local events all over the country to help connect people on our site with our local real estate agents through home buying seminars.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Creative Thinker: You think outside of the box and you're not afraid to share your thoughts and ideas. You are always thinking one step ahead to improve the process and make each event program better.
- Analysis Driven: You're driven by data. You like to make data-driven decisions and you know how to come up with them. You are an Excel and PowerPoint master. Basic HTML and SQL are preferred.
- Deadly with the Details: You spot typos a mile away and it genuinely annoys you when you can't fix them on websites, restaurant menus, and billboards. You know the difference between affect and effect. You always got A's in grammar (even if you don't want to admit it).
- Clear Communicator & Relationship Builder: You will be planning most events remotely. You need to be able to effectively communicate with your team, vendors, and the real estate operations team in person, over email and via the telephone. Building relationships with these parties is key to being successful in this position.
- Self motivated: You are able to independently manage your time and be self-motivated. The event team is located in Seattle so you would be working remote from our Los Angeles or Orange County Office.
- Willing to Embrace Weirdness: You're comfortable working with software systems that support email marketing and internal systems. You learn fast and quickly pick-up shortcuts and tricks to streamline processes.
- College Grad: You excelled at a four-year school and you're looking for a fun, fast-growing company with great people who can guide you as you make your mark in the real world.
- Schedule 20-40 events per month: Schedule Redfin home buying classes and small events in multiple markets. You'll be working with the team to create and manage multiple events per month.
- Coordinate & Details: You'll work with various systems and vendors to coordinate and market the event from start to finish. This will include booking venues, ordering food, building a registration page, creating email invitations, preparing materials, following up with attendees and making sure everything runs smoothly. You will be doing most of this remotely.
- Event Marketing: You'll use email marketing and web promotions to build awareness and attendance to our events all over the country. You'll regularly be coming up with new marketing channels based on the data we collect from the event.
- Data Analysis: You'll be responsible for tracking the success of your events and finding ways to make them better using data.
- Travel: You are available to travel to other Southern California Redfin offices a minimum of 8 times per year and to Seattle 2-4 times per year.
- Small teams with great exposure to all levels of the company
- Great locations (brand new office in LA!)
- Competitive compensation and 3-weeks paid vacation annually
- Generous benefits
- Support and resources to continue learning
- Amazingly smart and fun teammates, and a management team invested in your growth and success
Back to top