Data Journalist - Seattle
Redfin is redefining real estate in the consumer's favor by combining our own technology and agents to create a service that's better, faster and costs less. As a Redfinnian, you'll make a difference in one of life's most important events—buying or selling a home. Our hiring standards are high, yet our culture is humble. No matter what role you have, you'll be both challenged and inspired every day. We've got all the perks, but if what you value most is doing great work in a creative, collaborative, and disciplined environment, join us.
As a Data Journalist and Housing Analyst, you'll use your storytelling and analytical skills to drive awareness of the Redfin mission, our unique technology, and everything else that sets Redfin apart. This position reports to Redfin's chief economist and serves as a resource for our team of analysts and public relations professionals.
- Have a distinctive point-of-view about current issues and events and how they affect the housing market and consumers at large.
- Write compelling, newsworthy data-driven articles about housing affordability and how people are living now that are interesting to national media, real estate industry and consumers.
- Simplify and effectively communicate complex ideas in writing and through data visualization techniques.
- Be able to produce consistently high-quality content on a schedule, react quickly to breaking news events, and manage time and workload independently.
- Serve as a spokesperson to national media on consumer and housing affordability trends.
- Advanced degree preferred. Bachelor's degree required, with experiences in journalism, real estate, economics, urban studies, or other data-driven experience a plus.
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience writing data-driven articles and reports
- Strong data analysis skills and the ability to dig out big-picture stories in empirical research. Experience with Google Analytics, WordPress, SQL and Tableau a plus.
- A proven ability to see how socio-economic trends affect consumers in their daily lives.
- Comfortable with a fast paced, quick turnaround work environment.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation packages
- Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, fully paid family leave, and more
- Strong startup culture with casual dress code, game nights, happy hours, and more
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top