Redfin is combining technology and customer service to reinvent the end to end experience for buying and selling a home in the consumer's favor.
As the Data Engineer - Agent Compensation for the Data Engineering Team, your job is to integrate, sanitize, and productize our massive store of market and user data to turn it into a competitive weapon. You will be part of the team that owns Redfin's Data Warehouse platform, overall architecture, data integration and operational excellence. Specifically, this role will completely own the Redfin Agent Compensation System from end to end. In this role, you will work closely with Real Estate Operations, Finance, and Analytics to review, define and implement compensation policy. This is a highly visible and highly accountable role and will require a PM mindset along with the technical skill of a Data Engineer.
- Work with a cross-department team to review, define and implement the Redfin Agent Compensation System
- Create a new architecture around agent compensation that will allow for configurable business rules and will scale to meet our growing employee base
- Write and tune SQL including database queries, ddl and dml, stored procedures, triggers, user-defined functions, analytic functions, etc.
- Develop, implement and tune ETL processes
- Design data warehouse solutions using Kimball methodologies to support ETL processes and data analytics applications
- Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards and is easy to maintain
- Develop and unit test assigned features to meet product requirements
- Ensure that all code and processes are fully tested and verified before running in production
- Support and maintain dev/test/prod environments to meet business delivery specifications and needs
- Be the second line of support - answer tier 2 questions around the Agent Compensation System
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical users
- PM skills such as planning, prioritization, requirements gathering and communication across teams
- No wall flowers - you must be able to speak up and challenge established assumptions
- Expert level SQL
- 5+ years experience in database technologies (i.e., Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, RedShift etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in Data Warehousing
- Ability to work with minimal direction, yet also able to work in team environment
- Report development experience - preferably with Tableau
- Working knowledge of dimensional modeling techniques
- Working knowledge of data quality approaches and techniques
- Experience working with a standard ETL tool (i.e.,Informatica, SSIS, Talend, Pentaho, etc.)
- Experience working with the Agile/Scrum development process is a plus
- Experience working with Linux a plus
- Programming language experience (Python, Java, etc) is a plus
- AWS experience is a plus
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top