Redfin is redefining real estate in the consumer's favor by combining our own technology and agents to create a service that's better, faster, and costs less. As a Redfinnian, you'll make a difference in one of life's most important events-buying or selling a home. Our hiring standards are high, yet our culture is humble. No matter what role you have, you'll be both challenged and inspired every day. We've got all the perks, but if what you value most is doing great work in a creative, collaborative, and disciplined environment, join us.
As part of our small, versatile legal team, you'll provide wide-ranging legal services to all aspects of our business, with an emphasis on supporting our nationwide real estate operation.
- Provide proactive day-to-day support to Redfin's amazing real estate agents and managers across the country
- Develop systems and frameworks that allow the legal team to work smarter, not harder, and focus on empowering clients
- Provide live-fire, hands-on advice on a variety of disputes and litigation
Desired Skills & Experiences
- A law license and 3+ years of top-notch legal experience
- Experience in a busy practice with a ton of day-to-day counseling and advice, whether in the context of litigation and dispute resolution, regulatory compliance, or real estate transactions
- Experience with contract review and negotiation
- Willingness to take on jobs big and small related to a wide variety of subjects including contracts, residential real estate, employment, litigation management, discovery, and MLS issues. Experience in some or all of these areas a positive -- eagerness to learn a necessity
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills. It's not just about being able to understand complex legal issues, but about sharing them in a simple, elegant, persuasive way
- Strong ability to listen to, collaborate with, and provide unobtrusive but effective advice to clients at all levels of the organization
- Infectious and joyful approach to tackling complex legal and business problems
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, handle a rapidly-changing environment, and shift from one task to another
- Compulsion to wow internal clients with outstanding service
- Motivation to take ownership of projects and functions and get things done
- Passion for detail, outstanding organizational skills, and excellent follow-through
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and stock options
- Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave
- Strong startup culture with catered lunches, casual dress code, happy hours, and more
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we've designed a multi-step selection process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, and a reference check. We're excited to get to know you and hope you're ready to give this opportunity everything you've got!
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top