Associate Instructional Designer
Redfin is a well-funded technology startup that's revolutionizing the $60 billion real estate industry in consumers' favor. At Redfin, you'll be able to unleash your brilliance to improve the end-to-end real estate experience and make one of the most important decisions of a person's life faster, easier, and more efficient. You'll be diving headfirst into our award-winning website and mobile apps and be a part of solving unique and challenging business problems in a customer-friendly way. If you've got fire in your belly to do work that matters, we want to hear from you.
Redfin is looking for a consummate team player and tech junky to add to our group of passionate, hardworking and wacky training professionals that are unified in one singular vision: providing world-class training to employees in the field and HQ. As an Associate Instructional Designer at Redfin, you'll work closely with subject matter experts to design and develop instructor-led, online, as well as blended training with the highest quality. You will work closely with Subject Matter Experts as part of the training design process to identify measurable learning outcomes, communicate content and design to obtain feedback, and develop training that is relevant, sticky and has high value to learners. You are inquisitive, asking the right questions and come up with insightful and creative solutions. You'll create facilitator resources and guides not just learner facing materials. You'll make use of our Learning Management System reports and Tableau analytics data to measure training effectiveness against business goals. You should be comfortable facilitating or delivering training, and be able to help review new or existing courses to ensure we meet our quality and branding standards.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experienced: You have at least one year of experience as an Instructional Designer and possess a solid understanding of adult learning concepts and how to apply instructional design principles to achieve the defined learning objectives. You enjoy anything media including graphic and video editing.
- Passionate: You genuinely care about your learner's experience, and use appropriate course design and development tools to create effective online, live classroom, or blended training.
- Exceptional Writer: Your communications and course materials are comprehensive, accurate, succinct, and compelling. You enjoy copy editing to make words come alive.
- Analytical: You are serious about measuring the business impact of all training that is delivered and you know the right questions to ask.
- High Standards: You are attentive to details and quality matters to you. You aren't satisfied with 'good enough' and can pinpoint errors and inconsistencies from big to small when reviewing deliverables and assessing processes.
TECHNOLOGY WE USE & TEACH
- Articulate Storyline
- Absorb (Learning Management System)
- Google Drive & Google Apps
- Zoom (video conferencing)
- Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Media production tools
- Small teams with great exposure to all levels of the company
- Great location (downtown Seattle)
- Competitive compensation and 3-weeks paid vacation annually
- Generous benefits
- Support and resources to continue learning
- Amazingly smart and fun teammates, and a management team invested in your growth and success
Meet Some of Redfin's Employees
With a focus on customer satisfaction, it’s Kahlil’s job to not only help clients with their home search but to ensure that the process goes smoothly from start to finish.
Back to top