Staff Full-Stack Engineer, Internationalization
The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Operating within the Growth division, the upstart internationalization (i18n) team is setting the foundation for Reddit to execute its mission to nourish communities across boundaries, languages, and cultures. As a Staff Full-stack Engineer, you will lead the conceiving, building, and maintaining of platforms and systems critical to Reddit’s success internationally. It’s a rare, ground-floor opportunity to jumpstart a core company initiative, engineer cutting-edge innovations for unlocking new languages and geographies, and set the stage for explosive international growth for years to come.
If building a product that unlocks the next hundreds of millions of Redditors excites you, then you’ve found the right place!
- Architect, build, and maintain the full-stack systems that power i18n at Reddit.
- Generate, analyze, and execute on insights and levers that drive international growth.
- Provide foundational engineering leadership in translation-related initiatives.
- Partner across product, design, and engineering teams to innovate and implement sophisticated solutions to complex challenges.
- Spearhead the full development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deploy.
What We Can Expect From You:
- Ownership of pivotal relationships, planning, goal setting, and execution for the full-stack engineering pillar for i18n.
- Thought leadership and evangelism for Reddit’s internationalization initiatives both inside and outside the company.
- Track record for building large-scale, distributed systems.
- Fluency in one or more general-purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go).
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Expertise growing at-scale consumer products outside the US.
- Knowledge and interest in localizing high-scale services and intuitive interfaces.
- Advocacy and mentoring of junior engineers seeking to accelerate their skills and responsibilities.
- Bilingual with English.
Back to top