Staff Backend Engineer, Economy
- San Francisco, CA
The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Special Projects team at Reddit is exploring a different vision of how the Internet can work. The Internet is the most important public square in history. Billions of people use it every day to connect with each other, share ideas, and do business online. It shapes economies and elections, relationships and futures.
Our goal is to tear down the walled gardens and restore the balance of power online. We believe there are new models for the Internet that put power back in the hands of people, and we believe they will be found. Among large social networks, Reddit has a distinctive product and user base that is uniquely suited to realizing this vision.
We are hiring a Staff Backend Engineer who can move incredibly fast while delivering a quality product. You'll work on the highest impact project in a team of brilliant engineers like yourself. In addition to building technology, you’ll contribute to the product and business strategy.
- 5+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
- Experience with large-scale distributed real-time systems (AWS experience preferred but not required).
- Curiosity and ability to be autonomous to figure out what's important.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team.
Back to top