Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The Internationalization group at Reddit helps us achieve our mission of bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world through work on multiple fronts. We’re making Reddit a high quality, performant experience for users around the globe, we help foster the creation and growth of communities in new markets, and we help users find the best, most culturally relevant content. Our work enables Reddit to bring value in new and old ways to new groups of users. As a Staff Android Engineer, you build and improve the architectural foundations that support an enjoyable experience.
This is a high-impact role where you will drive technical strategy, architecture, and execution for one of the largest apps in the world. If building the Android platform that unlocks the next hundreds of millions of Redditors excites you, then you’ve found the right place!
- Design architectures and build components that deliver fast, smooth experiences to users across the world.
- Work cross-functionally and cross-team to execute on technical and business strategy and build experiences that our users will love.
- Contribute to the full development cycle: technical design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Lead a team of thoughtful, fast-moving, and motivated engineers. Set and define standards that improve developer workflows, recommend best practices, and help coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Continuously learn and improve your technical and non-technical abilities.
- Expertise in Java or Kotlin with 6+ years of experience within Android development.
- Sound software engineering fundamentals.
- Embracing the challenges of building data intensive, highly responsive, and fault tolerant apps in the constrained environment of a smartphone.
- Willingness to buck trends and learn new ways to build software.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.
- Experience building at least one amazing Android app with a team from start to shipment.
- Expertise in building high-performance feeds-based or media-rich Android apps.
- Bilingual with English.
- Retirement Savings plan with matching contributions
- Private Medical Benefits
- Family Planning Support
- Wellbeing Benefit
- Commuter Benefits
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Monthly Global Wellness Day
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.