Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) team develops and maintains a set of mission critical, highly performant, and highly scalable systems that manage user identity, authentication, and authorization for all of our millions of daily users and backend services.
Some of our present and future responsibilities include:
- Building systems around authentication and identity to meet the needs of Reddit’s engineering organization and millions of daily users.
- Design, build and ship backend services powering experiences for one of the most visited sites in the world.
- Work with product management, security, client engineering, and backend teams to define and implement Reddit’s IAM vision and roadmap.
As a senior engineer on this team, you’ll be a technical coach and mentor. You’ll draw on your technical expertise to ensure these systems have high uptime and strong performance while working with others to build a roadmap to match the needs of an ever growing engineering organization.
- Steer: Work with the team to select, scope, and drive high leverage projects that align with Reddit’s goals.
- Build: Execute on a strategy and create a more performant, more scalable, higher quality architecture around authentication and identity.
- Amplify: Mentor, coach, and collaborate with other technical contributors
- Collaborate: Work together with a variety of cross functional teams across Reddit Engineering.
- Evolve: Learn and improve your own technical and non-technical abilities.
- 5+ years of experience with large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience identifying and driving high impact projects that align with the company’s strategy.
- History of building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Excellent communication skills. You partner effectively with teams in a fully remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- High empathy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to find compromise.
- History of mentorship and technical coaching.
- Experience working with authentication systems is a big plus.
- Proficiency in Go is a plus.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.