Senior Software Engineer, Android
“The front page of the internet,” Reddit is a place for community, conversation, and connection with over 300 million users worldwide.
Reddit is growing fast and we are looking for an experienced Android Software Engineer to support our video efforts. Reddit is among the most visited websites in the world but we still have room to continue growing.
Since shipping our native Reddit Video experience, we’ve seen massive growth in the number of videos uploaded and consumed. Our users now consume more than 1.5 billion videos a month and we’re just getting started.
In 2019, Reddit will be investing in new product experiences in our native video experience. We’ll be building exciting new video experiences that can only happen Reddit.
If you're the kind of person who is motivated by rapid development, new product initiatives, user experiences, and content creation we’re interesting in speaking with you.
What We’re Working On
- Driving new features from end-to-end though prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and continuous iteration.
- Crafting a modern user experience for creating and consuming video content.
- Building the technical foundation for future video products.
What We Can Expect From You
- Expertise in Java with 3+ years of experience within Android development.
- Sound software engineering fundamentals.
- Embracing the challenges of building data intensive, highly responsive, and fault tolerant apps in the constrained environment of a smartphone.
- Willingness to buck trends and learn new ways to build software.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.
- Experience building at least one amazing Android app with a team from start to shipment.
Back to top