Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The Search Relevance Team is looking for talented infrastructure engineers to help us expand beyond the front page and better connect users to the specific content they care about. If you are curious, excited about designing search infrastructure and motivated by having an impact on a platform that creates community and belonging for its users, we want to hear from you.
The quantity and diversity of content on Reddit is massive, so we're looking for people with a background in infrastructure engineering or search engineering to help us scale and improve Reddit Search. You'll be working with a variety of internal teams across Engineering, Search Relevance, Machine Learning, and NLP to revolutionize content discovery on the internet.
- Architect and develop Search Infrastructure to support new capabilities and improvements in Search Relevance
- Ownership over existing Search Infrastructure, driving stability, uptime, and performance
- Automate operation, installation and monitoring of search ecosystem components in our open source infrastructure stack; specifically: Solr, Zookeeper, Kafka, Redis, Kubernetes, and the Prometheus observability suite
- Engage in OS, JVM, and hardware level optimizations to drive search performance and infrastructure efficiency
- Troubleshoot and debug search ecosystem run-time issues
- 5+ years of experience as an infrastructure engineer developing production code
- A strong understanding and experience working with the JVM
- Experience working with large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with setting up, maintaining, and debugging production systems and infrastructure
- Strong understanding of observability best practices
- Strong understanding of data infrastructure and streaming technologies
- Experience with Solr or similar search technologies
- Experience with container technologies and scheduling platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.