Do you want to join the fully automated real-time fight against evil?
Creating a safe experience for all users is a crucial aspect of Reddit’s mission to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit’s Anti-Evil organisation works tirelessly to make this happen by empowering Redditors to define and enforce safety standards for their communities and personal experiences.
We’re the Real-Time Safety Applications team within Anti-Evil and we keep Redditors safe by automating the detection and actioning of harmful user behaviour and content in real-time.
We’re looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to join our team and help us design and implement high performance real-time dashboards, internal tools for investigation and enforcement and standardised tooling and patterns for building out these and other internal web applications to help us detect violations and take action at scale and in real-time.
Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
How you’ll Have Impact:
- Build the systems that keep millions of users safe every day
- Design and build out industry-leading applications for abuse prevention at internet scale
- Enable teams within Safety and across all of Reddit to build real-time applications and safe user experiences
- Reddit is build your own adventure: You will be encouraged to identify opportunities for and affect positive change anywhere in the company.
What You’ll Learn:
- How Reddit works on the inside
- How to fight the evils on the internet at scale
- How to partner with a range of cross-functional teams to build real-time applications, safety integrations and to roll out technical programs
- How to build large-scale distributed systems, real-time stream and batch processing platforms
- How to design, build, test and productionise a variety of models and analysis models, policy-as-code frameworks and audit tools
What You’ll Do:
- Own and execute full-stack, front-end and back-end projects
- Design, implement, test, productionise and maintain
- backend services,
- front-end web applications,
- batch and stream processing platforms,
- real-time safety applications
- Support building a healthy engineering culture and uphold code quality, testing and best practices
- Partner with other world-class engineers, product, data science, enforcement, threat analyst and cross-functional other teams to identify and implement state-of-the-art solutions to challenging problems
- Provide technical leadership in domain areas
- Contribute to company-wide forums, initiatives and open-source projects
You will be encouraged and have the autonomy to propose and execute on your own projects and initiatives.
What You‘ll Get:
- Competitive salary (irrespective of whether you choose to work remotely or from an office or both)
- Substantial benefits package (including an annual workspace benefit for equipping your home and/or office workspace)
- Access to training programs and opportunities for personal and professional development
- Option to work from one of our office locations (if desired and when it’s safe to do so)
- Access to our worldwide community of Snoos and the opportunity to work for a fast-growing and internationally expanding business
Who You Might Be:
- 5+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Experience with Python or another server-side scripting language
- Preferably experience with batch processing, stream processing or workflow technologies such as Apache Flink, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka and Apache Airflow
- Preferably experience designing and implementing distributed systems
- Preferably experience with SQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL), in-memory stores (e.g. Redis) and/or Kubernetes
- Excellent collaborative, communication, and documentation skills
- Able to work effectively under schedule pressure to fix defects, review code, design, write, test new code, and diagnose production issues
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.